ICGEB Life Sciences Fellowships – Short-Term PhD Fellowships
The notification for the Life Sciences Short-Term PhD Fellowships 2019 has been announced. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the scheme, the overview, application details, financial stability, timelines and all of the important links are given below:
This call expires in :
Short-term PhD Fellowships Application
ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Pre-doctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
To Apply: Applicants must contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of lab space and also to define the research project proposal which will form an essential part of the application.
- Applicants should be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken within their country of origin unless working abroad at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste and Cape Town must hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB New Delhi must hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates need a fantastic working knowledge of the English language, backed by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate( or equal ). Not mandatory when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
Duration: 1-12 months
Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
Travelling: the fellowship includes provision for travel costs from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB laboratory at the beginning of the fellowship along with a return travelling provision upon completion of the fellowship.
Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor will it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
Submission: Please complete this application online.
The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date. The candidates will be notified of the outcome by email as soon as possible following the final date for applications. The main criteria for selection involve the scientific excellence of this project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and the potential benefit for the home country.
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run via the Welcome Office — Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
Closing Date for Applications: 30 September 2019
Editor’s Note: ICGEB fellowships, life sciences fellowships, PhD ICGEB Fellowships, ICGEB – Arturo Falaschi, ICGEB – Life Sciences, PhD Fellowships. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media platforms for the latest in the biosciences industry.