ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships September 2022 – Apply Online
ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships September 2022 – Apply Online. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in
ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Pre-doctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from the ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen the capacity building.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin unless working abroad at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste and Cape Town should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Duration: 1-12 months
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 14,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- Please complete this application online.
- Only one application per call is accepted for each candidate.
Documents to be uploaded –
Please note that you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
(i) Your full CV
(ii) Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
(iii) A valid identification document (passport or identity card). Recommended passport validity should be 12 months at least.
(iv) English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This document is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date. The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
The main criteria for selection include the scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and the potential benefit for the home country.
- ICGEB Trieste: ICGEB Trieste has no housing service or accommodation facilities. However, fellows will be provided with a list of possible contacts that offer housing options in Trieste.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate. ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed upon prior to arrival.
To Apply –
- Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- Please note that the written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader you have contacted and who is willing to support your project is mandatory to apply.
Closing Dates for Applications: 30 SEPTEMBER 2022
Editor’s Note: ICGEB Short-term PhD Fellowships September 2022 – Apply Online. Please ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebo