Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2022-2023 – Apply Online
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2022-2023 – Apply Online. Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2022-2023 – Apply Online. Indian Nationals who are abroad are encouraged to check out this golden opportunity and all of its details below
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
RAMALINGASWAMI RE-ENTRY FELLOWSHIP: 2022-2023
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals working in overseas research institutions for the “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship (DBT-RRF)”, a prestigious Re-Entry Scheme of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. Initiated in the year 2006-2007, the DBT-RLS programme has been instrumental in creating a pool of highly-skilled and trained researchers working on cutting-edge technologies in Indian universities and institutions as well as building a critical mass of science leaders aimed at competence building in biotechnology.
Aim of this Fellowship –
The scheme has been conceptualized with the aim of attracting highly-skilled researchers (Indian Nationals) working overseas in various cutting-edge disciplines of any area of life sciences & biotechnology, bio-engineering, healthcare (human and animal), agriculture and veterinary biotechnology, bio-energy and allied areas by providing them an attractive avenue to pursue their R&D interests in Indian universities/ institutions.
What are the Benefits of Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship – How it Can Help You In Your Career? Watch the video below
Eligibility Criteria –
- Nationality: Indian citizens only are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for applying is 45 years as of the closing date of the application.
- Area of Research: Applicants working in any area of life sciences & biotechnology, bioengineering, healthcare (human and animal), agriculture and veterinary biotechnology, bio-energy and allied areas will be eligible to apply.
- Qualification & Experience: Applicant should possess a Ph.D/MD degree or equivalent in life sciences/ agriculture, bioinformatics and allied areas or M.Tech in engineering or technology/ medicine etc. with at least three years of post-doctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories. Applicants should have a proven/outstanding track record as evidenced by research publications and recognitions.
- Those who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of the advertisement (two years for women candidates) are also eligible to apply; however, if they have secured a permanent position in India within this period then they are not eligible to apply.
Duration of Fellowship:
The duration of the fellowship will be for a period of three years. In exceptional cases, the duration of the award may be extended by additional two years after a fresh appraisal of performance.
Nature of Support:
- The Fellow will receive a Fellowship of Rs.1,00,000 per month.
- An amount of Rs. 18,500 per month for HRA will be provided to the Fellow (if
- In addition, the Fellow will receive a Research Support grant of Rs. 13,00,000 per annum for the purchase of consumables, minor equipment, domestic travel, engaging project staff and other contingent expenditures to be incurred in connection with the implementation of the project.
- The Host institute will receive Rs 50,000 per annum towards institutional overhead
under the project.
- The Fellows will be eligible for regular research grant/s through extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India provided that a Co-PI is a regular faculty member, and the concerned funding agency allows for this arrangement.
- In case a fellow joins a permanent position, the fellowship and HRA components of the scheme will be discontinued, however, he/she can avail of the research grant component of the fellowship for the remaining tenure of the fellowship.
- During the extension period, the fellow will be provided with Fellowship, Contingency/Research grant, HRA and Institutional Overhead.
Selection of Host Institute
- Applicants can choose to work at any S&T institution including university departments or other academic institutions and national laboratories in India provided the institution at which they wish to pursue research is willing to provide the necessary R&D, administrative and basic infrastructural support to facilitate research.
- The applications have to be duly forwarded by the Competent Authority of the host institutions against an advertisement.
- Candidates can submit his/her nomination through a single host institute only. However, institutions can nominate more than one candidate.
Watch this video on how to apply for the Ramalingaswami Re – Entry Rs 10 Lakh Fellowship | Eligibility | Documents Required l Application
How to Apply:
- Application for Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship Programme 2022-2023 shall be submitted by ONLINE mode only.
- To apply, interested applicants may kindly visit the website of the Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) – https://rcb.res.in/RRF/.
- Applicants must register on the online portal, and fill in complete information in the online application form and submit it before the closing date of the application.
- The online application form to be filled out by the applicant comprises information pertaining to Personal Information, Academic Qualifications, Post-Doctoral Experience, Work Experience, Research Contribution, Referee Details, Proposed Research Work and Proposed Host Institution.
- Documents to be submitted along with Online Application Form must include the Date of Birth Proof
o Copy of Passport (if applicable)
o Doctoral Degree Certificate
o Details of Research Contribution
o Reprints of 5 Best Research Publications
o Research Proposal detailing Proposed Research Work
o Certificate by Host Institute
o Letters of Recommendation
o Statement from Current Employer (certifying that applicant is not on a
permanent position in India) (if applicable)
- It is mandatory to submit a certificate from the host institute; otherwise, the application shall not be accepted.
- Application form which has not been submitted through Online Portal shall not be accepted.
- Detailed information on the fellowship grant, eligibility criteria and application process is
available at the RCB website (www.rcb.res.in).
Important Dates (Tentative):
- Start Date of Online Application – 9 January 2023
- End Date of Online Application – 21st February 2023
The DBT-RRF programme is being managed by the DBT-HRD Project & Management Unit (DBT-HRD PMU) established at the Regional Centre of Biotechnology (RCB), NCR Biotech Science Cluster, Faridabad.
For any queries, please contact
DBT-HRD Project & Management Unit (DBT-HRD PMU)
Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Government of India
NCR Biotech Science Cluster
Email: [email protected].
Download Proforma formats for Application Form Below
Download Undertaking By Institution
Download Proposed Research Work
Download Host Institute Certificate
Check the notification below
Editor’s Note: Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2022-2023 – Apply Online. Please ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook