Event: IBMFS 2022
Date: 8th and 9th of April, 2022
Venue: New Examination Hall, Bagayam Campus, Vellore.
The presenting signs and symptoms of bone marrow failure syndromes (BMFS) are varied and may be silent or mimic other common, less serious disorders, and therefore are often overlooked or misdiagnosed leading to suboptimal outcomes.
- The Bone Marrow Failure Symposium will provide updates on the most recent research related to the biology and clinical management of bone marrow failure disorders, including aplastic anemia, Fanconi anemia, Diamond Blackfan anemia, myelodysplastic syndrome and other rarer bone marrow failure syndromes.
- National/ International haematology/ oncology clinicians and researchers will deliver talks on the latest advances in the diagnosis, genetic characteristics, pathology and treatment options for these diseases. The overall goal of this symposium is to facilitate the translation of research findings into clinical practice and to improve the care of the patients with bone marrow failure diseases.
- This program will use an integral mix of didactic presentations and case histories to depict the scope of effectively recognizing, diagnosing, and recommending treatments for a group of rare bone marrow failure diseases. The presentations will provide necessary background on the etiology, pathogenesis, differential diagnosis of these conditions and important treatment options.
- Provide accurate differential diagnosis of bone marrow failure diseases, including aplastic anemia (AA), Fanconi anemia (FA), Diamond Blackfan anemia (DBA), myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and other inherited bone marrow failure syndromes (IBFMS).
- Critically appraise recent advances in research on the genetic characteristics of bone marrow failure diseases.
- Summarize recent progress in understanding the pathogenesis of bone marrow failure diseases.
- Describe safety and efficacy data for currently available therapies for bone marrow failure diseases.
- Identify current therapeutic standards, as well as new and emerging therapies used in hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- Hematologists, paediatricians, pathologists and scientists.
- Researchers involved in understanding the biology and pathogenesis of bone marrow failure diseases.
- MD and PhD students who are interested in understanding the biology, diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow failure diseases.
Topics of the Symposium –
- Molecular basis and treatment of Fanconi anemia.
- Pathophysiology and management of aplastic anemia.
- Differential diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow failure syndromes
- Molecular pathology and management of myelodysplastic syndromes
- Application of cytogenetics, proteomics and genomics in bone marrow failure syndromes.
- Model organisms for inherited BMF diseases
- Molecular diagnosis and gene correction of inherited bone marrow failure diseases.
- There will be a poster walk on 8th April 2022.
- Abstracts on both basic science as well as clinical diagnosis and management of bone marrow failure syndromes will be accepted.
- Submission of abstracts should be done through the symposium website www.ibmfs.in.
- Travel grants will be awarded to the 6 best abstracts.
- 20 CME points have been awarded by The Dr. MGR Medical University for this symposium.
Abstract submission site opens – 28th February 2022.
Abstract submission deadline – Extended till 04th April 2022.
Acceptance / Rejection notification – 05th April 2022.
- Please visit our website www.ibmfs.in for the latest information on the symposium
- Only online registration will be accepted.
- Online registration can be accessed from the symposium website (www.IBMFS.in from 28th February 2022. Conference registration is mandatory for all delegates.
Registration Fee – Physically
|Category||Early Bird Upto March 15th||Regular Upto April 07th||Spot Registration|
|Delegate||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|PG/PhD Student||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 2000/-|
Registration Fee – Virtually – Rs. 1000/-
- Photo ID is mandatory for all delegates and should be furnished at the registration desk on site.
- During registration, post-graduate students are requested to provide a letter from the Head of the Department of their respective institutions, confirming their status as students.
- Registration confirmation letter will be sent to you after the receipt of payment via email/user login.
- There is no cancellation or refund policy.
- Please mention your registration number in all transactions for ease of communication.
- You need to arrange your own accommodation.
- You can find a list of hotels at the symposium website www.IBMFS.in.
For any enquiries write to us at : [email protected].
Editor’s Note: CMC Vellore IBMFS 2022 – Registrations Open For Hybrid Symposium. CMC Vellore IBMFS 2022. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.