AstraZeneca Bioinformatics Specialist Opening – Applications Invited
Bioinformatics candidates are encouraged to apply online at AstraZeneca for a Bioinformatics Specialist Vacancy. Interested and eligible candidates with life sciences background and relevant experience, please check out all of the details on the job that is available at AstraZeneca below:
Name of Post: Bioinformatics Specialist
Location(s): Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Work closely within the team and with scientific colleagues across AstraZeneca genomics units to ensure informatics and advanced analytics solutions meet the ongoing needs of all scientists.
- Develop informatics solutions, e.g., using pipelining approaches, scripting and algorithm development.
- Contribute to Genomics drug projects with downstream analysis and data analytics.
- Understand and seek opportunities to apply artificial intelligence & machine learning to the world of biology informatics.
- Research external peers, academics and software providers to apply the latest methods to relevant business problems.
- Work closely with data scientists, machine learning, engineering and platform teams to utilize the latest algorithms to deliver scientific insights to drug project teams.
- Work with informatics colleagues in our Global Technology Centre (GTC) in Chennai to deliver high-quality informatics solutions.
- Promote AstraZeneca’s informatics and data science reputation through external publications and presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Masters/PhD in biological sciences, biological engineering, bioinformatics or a pharmaceutical scientific discipline or a similar field, with a demonstrable record of informatics delivery in a pharmaceutical/biotech setting.
- Strong coding and software engineering skills such as Python, R, Scripting.
- Experience working with relevant tools and databases such as NCBI, PubMed, UCSC genome data browser, bedtools, samtools, Picard and visualization tools such as Spotfire.
- Experience working with high-performance clusters such as HPC or SCP.
- Knowledge of cloud environment and related technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and facilitation skills, ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- Ability to explain complex methods and techniques to a non-technical audience.
- Good communication, written and verbal skills, proficient English.
In addition, we expect the candidate to:
- Exhibit influencing and innovation skills
The role will have no direct line reports, but task management responsibilities within project or services may occur
Editor’s Note: AstraZeneca Bioinformatics Specialist Opening – Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.