Sharda University Research Job – University of Delhi South Campus
This job expires in
UNIVERSITY OF DELHI- SOUTH CAMPUS
Advertisement for the post of Junior/Senior Research Fellow under DST SERB-funded project
Name of the post: Junior/Senior Research Fellow (JRF/SRF)
No. of Posts: 01 (one)
Name of the Project: “Increasing seed oil content in Indian mustard (Brassica juncea L.) by de-repressing acetyl CoA carboxylase through silencing of genes encoding for biotin attachment domain-containing proteins using the CRISPR/Cas9 system”
Description: The work will be done at the NBA-accredited, Department of Biotechnology in Sharda University, which has well equipped molecular biology and plant tissue culture facilities. The fellow will also do some experiments in University of Delhi-South Campus. The JRF/SRF can pursue Ph.D. through this project.
Funding Agency: DST-SERB, Govt. of India
Principal Investigator: Dr. Sachin Teotia, Associate Professor, Biotechnology, Sharda University
Co-Investigator: Dr. M.V. Rajam, Professor, Genetics, University of Delhi-South Campus
For SRF: M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Botany / Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Agricultural sciences / Plant sciences / Genomics with CSIR/UGC NET-JRF/LS or DBT-JRF or ARS-NET (ICAR) or GATE. The qualification prescribed above with two years of research experience (with a proof).
For JRF:Same as for SRF but without 2 years of research experience.
Desirable: Experience in Plant Molecular Biology and/or Plant Tissue Culture
Fellowship: SRF: Rs. 35,000/-; JRF: Rs. 31,000/- + 8% HRA per month (Consolidated)
Tenure: The position is temporary and the fellowship can be availed from October 1, 2022 and will last until December 31, 2023. The position is co-terminus with the project.
23rd September 2022 @ 10 a.m. in Room 311, Block-1, Sharda University, Knowledge Park-III, Greater Noida, U.P., 201310.1st October, 2022 @ 11 a.m. in Room 311, Block-1, Sharda University, Knowledge Park-III, Greater Noida, U.P., 201310
- Candidates should send their CVs well in advance to the PI at [email protected] with the subject line “Application for the JRF/SRF-YOUR NAME’’
- All the candidates willing to appear for the walk-in-interview are requested to bring an in-depth bio-data, educational testimonials from class 10th onwards, proof of date of birth, proof of research experience (if any) and certificate of qualifying national test like CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICAR- NET/ GATE etc (if any).
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any
notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the
funding agency applicable to the said project.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing in the interview.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Sharda University Research Job – University of Delhi South Campus. Please ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebo