IISER Pune PDF Vacancies – Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics Apply
IISER Pune PDF Vacancies – Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics Apply. Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) Biology / Genomics / Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Vacancy. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This job expires in
ADVT. NO. 08/2022
Name of the Post – Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF)
No. of Posts – 02 (Two)
Name of the Project – “SARS Covid-2 genome sequencing and environmental surveillance” (Code: 33821559
Tenure of the appointment – Initially for a period of six months extendable for a further
period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent need for services and continuation of the project.
Age – Not more than 35 years as of the last date of application.
How to Apply –
- Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format
available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to
[email protected] on or before February 02, 2022. Please mention
“Application for the post of Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF); Advt. No.08/2022” in the subject line of the email.
- A list of shortlisted candidates for the selection process with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention active Mobile Numbers and Email ID in the application form.
- Recent passport size photographs and photocopies of relevant certificates and other
testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified
at an appropriate stage.
General Information/Details about the post –
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on the termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
- The prescribed educational qualification is the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the selection process. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to carry out the selection process for all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the selection process to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualification and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- Age relaxation commensurate with relevant experience may be considered with the prior
approval of the competent authority for candidates having qualification and experience
higher than the advertised.
- In case, a selected candidate does not join or resigns after joining the post, waitlisted
candidate/s may be offered the position.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Minimum Educational Qualification –
- Ph.D. in Biology / Genomics / Bioinformatics / Biostatistics or related fields, and evidence of scientific productivity through publications in international journals.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis may also apply
Preference – Candidates having experience in the following will be preferred –
- Analyzing RNA-sequence and WGS next-generation sequencing data, variant calling in NGS data.
- Working with programming languages like Perl or Python or R and adept in large data analysis and data representation.
Consolidated emoluments –
- Rs. 65,000/- to Rs. 75,000/- per month depending upon the experience
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defence (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 65,000/- per month till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate
Editor’s Note: IISER Pune PDF Vacancies – Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics Apply. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.