TWAS Fellowships for Research & Advanced Training
The official notification for the TWAS Fellowships for Research & Advanced Training has been announced. Candidates from developing nations who have a Master’s degree in any field or branch of natural sciences are eligible to apply for this fellowship. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
TWAS provides fellowships to young scientists from developing nations to allow them to invest three to 12 months in a research institution in a developing country aside from their own. The objective of these fellowships is to improve the research capability of promising scientists, particularly those at the beginning of their research career, assisting them to cultivate connections for additional cooperation.
STARTING IN 2018 APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTAL- PLEASE USE THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO START YOUR APPLICATION.
Field: Natural sciences
Duration: 3-12 months
- The fellowships are for research and advanced training. They’re provided to young scientists carrying an MSc or equivalent degree.
- Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in almost any field of natural sciences that are citizens of a developing nation and therefore are utilized by a researcher at a developing nation.
- There’s not any age limitation. But preference is awarded to young scientists at the start of their research career and people functioning in the least Developed Countries.
- Lists of potential host institutions separated by area can be found here. These records are just a proposal and associations which aren’t contained are acceptable so long as they’re in a developing nation.
- Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, aren’t qualified host institutions under this programme. Applicants interested in conducting a fellowship in China have been expected to assess whether their preferred sponsor is a CAS institute.
- For an entire list of all CAS institutes, visit: english.cas.cn/institutes/. Applicants needing to attend CAS institute should apply to the CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme or think about the CAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries (http://english.cas.cn/cooperation/fellowships/201503/t20150313_145274.shtml).
Deadline: 1 October annually.
Prerequisites of this Fellowships:
- The fellowships are available for no less than 3 months and a maximum of twelve months.
- TWAS covers global low-cost airfare and a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 a month. No additional costs will be offered by TWAS.
- The host institution is expected to offer lodging and meals in addition to research centres.
Fellowships are given from the TWAS Fellowships Committee on the grounds of scientific merit.
Submitting your application:
Applicants should complete the online application form by clicking the’Apply now’ button at the bottom of the webpage. While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- Scanned copy of your passport, even though expired (page with your name and surname);
- CV, maximum five pages such as publications;
- Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- two reference letters of senior scientists familiar with your work. Please be aware that
- the Head of your Home Institution cannot be one of your referees;
- MSc certification and appropriate university transcripts;
- Official invitation letter by the Head of the Host Insitute;
- Notice that the Fellowships are supplied for South-South visits just, i.e. for visits from researchers from developing nations to institutions in other developing nations.
- Applicants must know that they may apply for just 1 TWAS or even OWSD fellowship each year. With the exclusion of the Visiting Scientists programme, the other fellowship programmes provided by TWAS and OWSD are mutually exclusive.
Please make certain to comprehend the eligibility criteria along with other important requirements which are also given in the online application form.
Contact email: [email protected]
Editor’s Note: twas fellowships for research and advanced training, twas fellowships, twas notifications, chekc out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – for more details on similar opportunities and also follow us on all of our social media like Twitter and Facebook.