TWAS Research Fellowships 2019 – Advanced Training
The official notification for the TWAS Fellowships for Research & Advanced Training has been announced. Candidates from developing nations who have a Master’s degree in any field or branch of natural sciences are eligible to apply for this fellowship. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training
TWAS provides fellowships to young scientists in developing nations to allow them to spend three to 12 months in a research institution in a developing country aside from their own. The objective of these fellowships is to improve the research capacity of promising scientists, particularly those at the beginning of their research career, helping them foster links for additional collaboration.
STARTING IN 2018 APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTAL- PLEASE USE THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO START YOUR APPLICATION.
Field: Natural sciences
Duration: 3-12 months
- The fellowships are for research and advanced training. They’re provided to young scientists holding an MSc or equivalent degree.
- Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in any area of natural sciences who are citizens of a developing country and therefore are employed by a research institution in a developing country.
- There’s no age limit. But preference is awarded to young scientists at the beginning of their research career and those working in the least Developed Countries.
- Lists of possible host institutions divided by field can be found here. These lists are only a suggestion and institutions which aren’t included are acceptable as long as they’re in a developing country.
- Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, aren’t eligible host institutions under this programme. Applicants interested in conducting a fellowship in China are expected to check whether their chosen host is a CAS institute. For a complete list of CAS institutes, visit: english.cas.cn/institutes/. Applicants wishing to attend a CAS institute should either apply to the CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme or think about the CAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries (http://english.cas.cn/cooperation/fellowships/201503/t20150313_145274.shtml).
Deadline: 1 October annually.
Prerequisites of this Fellowships:
- The fellowships are available for no less than 3 months and a maximum of twelve months.
- TWAS covers international low-cost airfare and a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 a month. No additional costs will be provided by TWAS.
- The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food in addition to research facilities.
Fellowships are awarded by the TWAS Fellowships Committee on the basis of scientific merit.
Submitting your application:
Applicants should complete the online application form by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- Scanned copy of your passport, even if expired (page with your name and surname);
- CV, maximum of five pages such as publications;
- Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
two reference letters of senior scientists familiar with your work. Please note that the
- Head of your Home Institution cannot be one of your referees;
- MSc certification and appropriate university transcripts;
- Official invitation letter from the Head of the Host Insitute;
- Notice that the Fellowships are provided for South-South visits only, i.e. for visits by researchers from developing countries to institutions in other developing countries.
- Please note that applicants may apply for only 1 programme each calendar year at the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants won’t be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. 1 exception: the head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Please make certain to comprehend the eligibility criteria along with other key requirements that are also given in the online application form.
Contact email: [email protected]
Editor’s Note: TWAS Research Fellowships 2019, twas fellowships for research and advanced training, twas fellowships, twas notifications, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – for more details on similar opportunities and also follow us on all of our social media like Twitter and Facebook. Also check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.