Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) is the primary and the principal instrumentality of the Kerala state in providing human resources, and skills and technology, required for the sustainable development of its agriculture, defined broadly encompassing all production activities based on land and water, including crop production (agriculture) and forestry through conducting, interfacing and integrating education, research and extension in these spheres of economic endeavour. It is situated in Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala.
Job Title : Assistant Professors-Faculty of Agriculture
No. of Posts : 10(SC/ST)
Essential Qualification :
- Bachelor’s Degree from the concerned Faculty recognized by the Kerala Agricultural University.
- Masters degree in the relevant subject recognized by the Kerala Agricultural University with a minimum of 50% marks in the traditional system or its equivalent grade in a point scale where grading system is followed. Only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark is permissible.
- NET conducted by ICAR/UGC/CSIR/AICTE or similar test accredited by the UGC.
Desirable Qualification :
- Knowledge in Malayalam language to read and write.
- Ph.D. in the relevant subject recognized by the Kerala Agricultural University.
Nationality & Age Limit : The candidate must be a citizen of India and shall not be over 45 years age as on 01.01.2016 as prescribed in the KS&SSR 1958as amended from time to time.
Salary & Allowances : The scale of pay and allowances of Assistant Professor will be as per the Government orders issued in line with UGC norms.
Last Date to Apply : 31.03.2016
How to Apply : The application form can be downloaded from the KAU Website www.kau.in. The duly filled in application along with the Demand Draft for Rs. 750/- drawn in favour of ‘The Comptroller, KAU’ and payable at SBT, KAU Main Campus, Vellanikkara, should be forwarded to ‘The Registrar, Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara, KAU P.O., Thrissur – 680 656’ in a sealed envelope bearing the superscript “Application for Special recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor …………………..
(here write the name of the discipline) and the full address of the applicant so as to reach in this office