TMC Cytogenetics Jobs – Scientific Officer Recruitment
TMC Cytogenetics Jobs – Scientific Officer Recruitment. Tata Translational Cancer Research Center Recruitment BSc/MSc Cytogenetics Job Opening. BSc/MSc Life & Biological Sciences candidates are encouraged to apply:
This Job Expires In :
Cytogenetics – Scientific Officer/ Technologist
The Cytogenetics Department handles more than 3000 samples each year that consist of
peripheral blood, bone marrow and also solid tissue. The lab also performs Mitomycin C.
testing to detect chromosome breakage in patients suspected to have Fanconi anaemia.
To fulfil the above objectives TMC welcomes applications for the position of:
How to Apply:
* For more details and application, please log on to our web site today:
www.tmckolkata.com. You can also Email or Post applications to:
Mr. Suvasish Mukherjee, Head-Human Resources, Tata Medical Center, 14 MAR (EW), New.
Town, Kolkata– 700156. Email– [email protected].
Lab Technologist – Cytogenetics
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in Cytogenetics & FISH is a must.
Essential Skills required:
The post holder needs to have the following essential skills:
- The person recruited should have knowledge of cell culture and also harvesting techniques.
- He must have the ability to perform the karyotyping of human chromosomes i.e.
organization of chromosomes according to a standardized ideogram along with chromosome prep work analysis, different staining procedures including slide prep work, microscopic and also photo microscopic analysis, computer imaging techniques.
- Technical abilities to perform Fluorescent in situ hybridisation (FISH) on liquid (peripheral blood/bone marrow) as well as solid tissues (FFPE).
- Ability to interpret the results.
- Basic knowledge of computers i.e. Microsoft word, PowerPoint as well as Excel.
- Need to be a team player with a willingness to put in extra efforts.
Brief Job Description:
- Role in planning and performing all assays in Cytogenetics consisting of Karyotyping, FISH.
- Handling all the received samples consisting of Culturing, Harvesting, Slide making, Banding etc.
- Media as well as reagent prep work.
- Performing as well as analysing FISH assays.
- Knowledge of ISCN.
- Ensure strict adherence to SOPs while performing the test.
- All routine administrative work connected to the day-to-day functioning of the lab including inventory management.
- Updating day-to-day log sheets.
- To provide training or knowledge transfer to the trainees/observers through training.
- Active participation in the Inter/Intra-departmental sessions like journal clubs.
- The chosen candidate will certainly be encouraged to present posters/papers at the National Conference.
What are we looking for?
- An energetic, enthusiastic individual capable of performing the experiment, analysing and presenting data.
- A team player.
- The remuneration will be commensurate with years of experience.
Download Application Format From Below
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: TMC Cytogenetics Jobs – Scientific Officer Recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.