TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2019)
TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2020) notification has been released. Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to apply online for the TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme 2020. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
TIFR’s VSRP-2020 Program
May 5 – July 9, 2020
The Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2020) will be held at TIFR, Mumbai during the period from May 5 to July 9, 2020, as mentioned below:
School of Natural Sciences (NSF) and School of Technology & Computer Sciences (STCS)
May 5 to July 6, 2020
Computer & Systems Sciences :
1) Two years of undergraduate course work in an academic institution.
2) Should not have participated in VSRP before.
Please note that the VSRP programme is for students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme and not for PhD students or faculty members.
Selection is purely based on the academic performance of the student, submitted write-up and referee reports. There is no selection test/interview.
- Rs 7000/- (Maths Programme – ~4.5 weeks).
- Rs 14000/- (NSF/STCS Programme – ~9 weeks).
- To-and-fro travel reimbursement from the place of residence (address for correspondence mentioned in the application) will be paid. Also, free shared accommodation on-or-off- the campus is provided.
How to Apply:
1. Registration includes two steps : First complete basic registration step by clicking the “Apply Online” button given below.
2. During the basic registration, “Preferred Subject” indicates TIFR subject area you are applying for i.e., Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Mathematics / Computer & Systems Sciences.
3. After completing basic registration, you will receive an email with a link for advanced registration. Before proceeding to advanced registration, please keep the following ready :
a) Scanned photo (.jpg file of size not exceeding 100kb ) of your passport size photograph.
b) Students can select two areas of research for a selected department. Please read the Information Brochure before you fill this section.
c) A write-up of up to 400 words, describing your interest in the most preferred field of study has to be provided in the appropriate box. The write up should not contain special characters. In particular, use of equations in write-ups is strongly discouraged.
d) Names, Affiliation, Designation, Contact address (both e-mail and physical address) and contact phone numbers of two referees who would be filling referee reports for you. They should be teachers or persons with whom you have interacted academically.
The link for filling up the Referee Report Form online will be sent by email to both Referees after complete registration.
Last date for application: January 31, 2020
NOTE: REFEREES CAN FILL THE ONLINE REPORT FORM TILL FEBRUARY 9, 2020.
Editor’s Note: TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2020), TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme 2020. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – and also, the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.