Admissions open for M.S. Ramaiah University Doctoral Program | Apply now
M. S. Ramaiah University is an Innovation University that focuses on UG and PG Education, Research, Consultancy, Training, Skill and Leadership Development. It offers outcome based UG and PG Courses in Engineering, Design, Management, Commerce, Science, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Hotel Management.
The Aims of doctoral research programme are:
- To produce researchers who can advance theory and practice in Science, Engineering, Health, Humanities and Business, and enhance the contributions to Society
- To encourage creativity, analytical thinking, critical analysis, and innovative problem-solving
- To develop within each candidate the expertise and skills necessary to be an effective educator and faculty member
- To produce graduates with advanced capabilities in leadership and managing change
The university with National and International organisations in government, public and private sector would like to undertake research and generate knowledge for the benefit of the Society. The research themes are:
Energy and Environment ;Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering and Implants; Biomedical Engineering and Biomechanics; Life Sciences and Biotechnology; Oral Immunology and Microbiology; Controlled Drug Delivery; Targeted Drug Delivery; Non- Invasive Drug Delivery; Polymer Science; Extraction, Isolation and Standardization of PhytoConstituents; Discovery and Optimization of Active Lead Molecules; Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
The sponsored research will be pursued mainly by Research Professors in association with regular professors and research scholars.
The course fees for students on University Quota is Rs. 1,00,000; on SAARC is Rs. 1,25,000 and USD 3,000 for NRI or foreign candidates.
- A candidate seeking admission to Ph. D. programme should have completed second class masters degree in the subject area of research he/she prefers to pursue and also secure a minimum stipulated score in the written test or interview or both as specified by the RIC of the University.
- Entry level qualifications for respective courses are Masters Degree in subject area of research viz. Pharmaceutical Sciences and Basic Science
Selection for admission to the Ph.D. programme will be through a written test followed by an interview. The relative weightages for the written test, interview and the previous academic performance, taken together, shall form the basis for preparing the merit list of eligible candidates.
Entrance Test Details:
- Students with a second class Masters degree in the subject areas of interest are eligible for the test
- The duration of the test will be 120 minutes
- The test will be held at MSRUAS Gnanagangothri Campus
- The written test will consist of 25 questions each in the areas of Verbal Ability, General Mental Ability, Logical Deductions and Non-verbal reasoning
- Interview will comprise presentation in the subject area of research interest of candidate followed by discussions
A final merit list will be drawn based on the; (i) Performance in the written test (30%) (ii) Interview (30%) (iii) Academic performance (Masters: 25%, Undergraduate: 15%)
The decision of RIC will be the final in the selection of candidates for all Ph.D. programmes.
The selected candidates shall fulfill all admission formalities within the prescribed date paying the fee and completing all admission formalities as notified by the university, failing which the selection stands cancelled.
- The selected candidates shall fulfill all admission formalities within the prescribed date paying the fee and completing all admission formalities as notified by the university, failing which the selection stands cancelled.
- In order to download application form, click below.
- In order to apply online, click below.
- Filled Up forms with a DD for Rs. 1000/- payable to M.S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences towards prospectus is to be sent to:
M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences
University House, Gnanagangothri Campus
New BEL Road, MSR Nagar, Bangalore – 560054
Phone : +91 80 4536 6666
E-mail : [email protected]
Submission of application: 13 April 2016
Issue of MSRUAS DPET Admission Tickets: 16 April 2016
MSRUAS DPET Entrance Test Date: 17 April 2016
Interview and announcement of selection list: 18 April 2016 to 30 April 2016
Admissions on payment of annual fee: 2 May 2016 to 14 May 2016
Inauguration and commencement of classes: 28 May 2016