GADVASU, School of Animal Biotechnology Hiring for Project Fellows
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) was established at Ludhiana by an act of the Punjab Legislature No. 16 of 2005 notified in the Punjab Government Gazette on August 9, 2005 and it started functioning from April 21, 2006 for promoting livestock production, health and prevention of the diseases through integrated teaching, research and extension programmes.
Project Title: “Polymorphism Screening and Association Studies of CXCR genes with udder health and milk production in Buffalo breeds of Northern India”
Position Title: Project Fellow
Number of positions: 1
Emoluments: Rs. 14000 per month consolidated
- B.Sc. degree in any relevant branch of Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with at least second class.
- PhD in Animal Biotechnology/Vety. Biotechnology/Vety. Biochemistry/Vety. Microbiology/Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- M.Sc./PhD in Animal Biotechnology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Medical Microbiology or any other relevant branch of Life Science/Biological Sciences with at least 55% marks. Preference will be given to the candidates with research experience.
- Candidate should have cleared metric level Punjabi examination. The candidates without knowledge of Punjabi may be considered/appointed provided no suitably qualified/experienced candidate with knowledge of Punjabi is available.
- Preference will be given to candidates having working experience in molecular biological and immunological techniques.
- Ph.D students of School of Animal Biotechnology who have cleared their comprehensive examination and whose research work is related to this project are also eligible to apply.
- Research duties according to the objectives of the project.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the PI.
How to apply:
The eligible candidates should send an application and a brief bio-data mentioning their qualifications and experience (on A4 size paper). The applications should carry attested copies of the certificates and a recent passport size photograph.The candidates should also bring their original certificates with them for verification.
Last date for receipt of hard copy of applications: 18th April 2016
Walk-in interview on 21st April, 2016 (Thursday) at 11:00 am in the office of the Director, School of Animal Biotechnology.