Clinical Scientist – Oncology Trials
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Category: Digital Trial Solutions
Job Id: P-100027
Job Type: Full Time Hybrid
ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare. We leverage the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences, accelerate therapeutic clinical development, and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and improve patient outcomes. ConcertAI is backed by industry-leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
ConcertAI is searching for a talented Clinical Scientist to define study-specific key oncology data indicators for disease progression, treatment efficacy, failures, and prognosis. You will collaborate with the data science team, trials analyst, and informaticists in label creation to facilitate the featurization of ML models in predicting patient eligibility scores. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in the field of oncology.
This role reports to our Executive Director of Clinical Research Informatics.
- Act as the scientific leader within the DTS tech department
- Support new product and feature development
- Develop logical reasoning techniques and data-driven solutions for technology-driven pre-screening
- Define rules to support NLP/ML techniques used at ConcertAI
- Provide subject matter expertise towards model utility, formulation, feature engineering, and result analysis
- Collaborate with data scientists, statisticians, NLP engineers, and software engineers to develop models
- Validate model outputs to ensure desired quality metrics are met
- Maintain customer-facing documentation and communicate with clients on model usage
- Explore structured and unstructured EMR data to identify patterns that can be leveraged
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for new data onboarding
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in clinical science, MD, PhD in medicine, genetics, molecular biology, oncology, or an Engineering field with work experience in biology/healthcare domains, plus proven experience in a relevant field
- Expertise working in Oncology space as a clinician or medical monitor, preferably with heme-related cancer experience
- Strong knowledge in oncology and cancer biology; familiarity with electronic medical records and taxonomies desired
- Thorough understanding of oncology disease progression, outcome predictions, prognostic indicators, etc.
- Ability to use clinical data points to define clinical pathways and project disease progression
- Experience with EMR/EHR data is a plus
- SQL experience is a plus
- Experience in the clinical trial development process, preferably in oncology
- Strong customer communication skills and ability to collaborate using remote tools
- Familiarity with agile development and concepts such as databases, programming, statistical modeling, machine learning, and data visualization is preferred
Keywords: Clinical Scientist, Oncology Trials, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, Digital Trial Solutions, ConcertAI