NIBMG Bioinformatics Research Vacancy – Walk-In Interview
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS
(An Autonomous Institution of the Government of India)
P.O.: N.S.S., Kalyani 741251, West Bengal, INDIA
Advertisement No. NIBMG/ADMIN/ESTB/PROJ. RECTT/2023-24/287
NIBMG is looking for motivated and bright individuals interested to explore career opportunities for the position of Research Associate (Project Linked Person) for extramural project funded by ICMR as per details given below.
Project Name: Fast detection of driver mutations and genes from cancer genomics data using an integrative machine learning-based approach.
Project Description: Cancer is a major cause of death worldwide. Key alterations (known as driver events) within normal cells provide selective advantage and help tumour to grow. It is also well known that the profiles of driver alterations vary across intra- and inter-tumour as well as between cancer types. Identifying such driver alterations is crucial to understand the background biological mechanism at molecular level as well as determine the success of disease diagnosis and precision treatment in a clinical setting. This project aims to identify driver alterations that provide uncontrolled growth advantages resulting in normal cells becoming malignant tumours by applying ensemble machine learning (ML) algorithms both from patient cohort and single patient level.
Name of the Post: Research Associate
- PhD* in Computer Science or Bioinformatics or Genomics with at least one research paper in a Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
- OR M. Tech in Computer Science with at least one research paper in Science
Citation Indexed (SCI) journal with a minimum of three years of research experience.
Good knowledge of machine learning.
- Deep experience in the analysis of genomics data and building data analytics pipelines for somatic mutation detection and driver gene detection.
- Strong expertise in C/C++ or Python or R programming languages.
- Good knowledge of existing cancer driver gene detection algorithms.
- Proficiency in Linux.
Nature of Duty:
- Curate and filter somatic mutations.
- Build a pipeline for driver gene detection using existing tools.
- Building machine learning models to identify cancer driver alterations and genes.
- Perform NGS data analysis.
- Prepare research reports.
Fellowship: Rs. 49,000/- + 9% HRA per month.
How to Apply
The Walk-In-Interview will be conducted on 23-11-2023 (Thursday) starting from 11:00 am.
Interested candidates are requested to bring the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae along with reprints of publications.
- One Passport-size coloured photograph.
- Original and one set of self-attested copies of certificates of educational qualifications.
- Original and self-attested copies of experience certificates.
- Original and self-attested copies of Government-issued photo ID proof.
This position is contractual, and the selected candidate will be initially engaged up to 29-02-2024, with the possibility of extension based on project requirements and availability of funds.
For further information, please visit our website www.nibmg.ac.in. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the Interview/Test.
The decision of NIBMG in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection, and conduct of interviews will be final and binding on the candidates.
Keywords: NIBMG, Bioinformatics Research Vacancy, Genomics, Cancer, Walk-In Interview, Research Associate, Project, Machine Learning, Mutation Detection, Driver Gene Detection, Data Analysis, Fellowship. NIBMG Bioinformatics Research Vacancy – Walk-In Interview. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook