DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance Life Sciences Recruitment – Apply Online
Manager, Science Communication and Public Engagement
Job Title: Manager, Science Communication and Public Engagement
Location: Hyderabad, India
Last Date To Apply: Dec 5, 2023
Reporting To: CEO, DBT/WT India Alliance
DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance invites applications from suitably qualified persons for their Science Communications & Public Engagement Team. The position is based in Hyderabad, India.
DBT/WT India Alliance (India Alliance), is a public charity, funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India and the Wellcome Trust, UK, with the remit of building excellence in biomedical research in India (www.indiaalliance.org). The core mandate of India Alliance is the management of research fellowships and collaborative grants – selected through highly competitive processes – in biomedical, clinical and public health in India. India Alliance provides an exceptional environment for innovation in science administration.
India Alliance supports an integrated research ecosystem that values ethics, good management, and engagement with science to enhance research impact. Public engagement and the communication of science to enhance knowledge and drive policy are important components of India Alliance activities.
- Enhance the visibility and impact of the organization by working closely with the leadership.
- Develop material to communicate key scientific stories using written and visual mediums.
- Liaise and coordinate with researchers and other stakeholders to communicate research developments in an accessible and engaging way.
- Ensure accuracy and adherence to institutional guidelines in all communication materials.
- Prepare reports and press releases related to engagements and specific events.
- Manage social media platforms and evaluate outcomes and impact.
- Masters/Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism or Mass Communication/Science Communication or PhD in Life Sciences/ Allied fields with work experience in science communication.
- Demonstrable experience in communications, preferably in a public, charitable, or educational institution.
- Understanding of the science, research and/or policy ecosystem in India, and the larger international context.
- Experience in handling web-based management systems, social media, and website content management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel to stakeholder meetings, workshops/events, and field visits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop innovative and creative communication strategies based on the latest trends.
- Past experience in effective engagement with beneficiaries, media, and stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge of software such as Canva/ Photoshop.
Joining date: Within two weeks of selection, ideally.
To apply, please click here.
How to Apply:
The initial appointment is for one year and can be renewed subject to performance and funding. To apply, please send the following, as one consolidated PDF to the CEO ([email protected]) by December 5, 2023. The subject line should read: “Manager, Science Communication and Public Engagement”.
- Your CV (limit 2 pages; Arial Font size 11).
- A cover letter stating why you are suitable for the position (limit 1 page; Arial Font size 11).
- A minimum of three examples of prior work that showcase your skills relevant to the requirements indicated in the advertisement (scientific papers do not qualify).
- Names and current contact information of two referees who have engaged with you in a professional capacity and are willing to provide letters of reference.
Incomplete applications will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interactions and processing of applications.
India Alliance reserves the right to extend the timeline for accepting applications, not to hire anyone, or re-advertise if a suitable person is not found after the interview.
In case of queries, please write to [email protected]. It can take up to 3 working days for a response.
Keywords: DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance, Science Communication, Public Engagement, Job Opportunity, Hyderabad, India, Last Date to Apply, Journalism, Mass Communication, Life Sciences, Biomedical Research, Communication Strategies. DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance Life Sciences Recruitment – Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook