Royal Canin India Jobs – Apply For Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Royal Canin India Jobs – Apply For Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Specialist. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Job Name: Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Company: Royal Canin India
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Job ID: R75097
Royal Canin has an ambition to become the reference in health thru nutrition for cats and dogs. Through this ambition, we intend to improve the lives of cats and dogs through science, innovation, and specialization.
The Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Specialist plays a critical role in this ambition and purpose to “Make a better World for Pets” by maximizing opportunities and minimizing risk through scientific and regulatory insight, compliance, and governance structures.
Act as a key innovation enabler through regulatory compliance and change management support for ingredients, products, packaging, and claims.
Scientific Regulatory Affairs
- Horizon Scanning & Monitoring regulatory environment
- Maximize opportunity & minimize risk by guiding business decisions based on regulatory insight and provide appropriate governance structure.
- Ensure compliance with product-related regulation, including but not limited to: Ingredients, labeling, claims, product registration, packaging & import challenges
- Ensure adherence of S&OP Process with timely technical inputs to enable decision making in forums (PMR,DMR, SMR,MBR)
- Ensure Regulatory Due Diligence towards 100% compliant and available Product portfolio
- Support with technical inputs for relevant trade-related topics at Industry/Trade associations
- Support with inputs on Royal Canin positions and Public Affairs agenda on trade-related topics in line with India business objectives / OGSM.
- Influence & shape favorable regulatory environment
Context and Scope
- Reports to the CA Director and works in coordination with local/regional teams to implement Mars Petcare strategies, policies, standards, and platforms.
- Is part of the local Corporate Affairs Team.
Scientific Regulatory Affairs
- Providing interpretation of new and proposed regulations, considering their implications on the use of ingredients and recipes.
- Providing insight and technical inputs on product claims based on external/local regulatory environment.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance for existing and new ingredients, products, packaging, and technologies.
- Provide technical expertise, management, and support to resolve RA, Quality and related incidents, including establishing access to external networks, expert resources, and regulatory authorities.
- Serving as a technical resource to resolve incidents related to regulatory compliance, quality, and related matters.
- Evaluating the competitive landscape and making recommendations to R&D regarding opportunities for Royal Canin.
- Supporting CA Director in representing Royal Canin interests in relevant trade associations.
- Provides support during PRIMP Process, Product recalls and Mars Petcare QFS management programs.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- M.S. or equivalent in a technical area such as Food Science, Veterinary Sciences, Food Safety, Microbiology, Toxicology, Nutrition, or other Life Science and/or International Relations.
- Food Science/Veterinary Science background preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience in Regulatory Affairs/Compliance, International Trade, Food Safety, Public Affairs, Government Relations.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of nutrition and pet food law and regulatory frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English is mandatory.
- Experience in monitoring the regulatory environment and emerging issues impacting the Pet Food Industry.
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary teams.
SEO Keywords: Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Specialist, Royal Canin India, Mumbai, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, International Trade, Food Safety, Public Affairs, Government Relations, Nutrition, Pet Food Law