R&D Internship For MSc, MTech Biology, Mol Bio Candidates at Thermo Fisher, Apply Online
R&D Internship For MSc, MTech Biology, Mol Bio Candidates at Thermo Fisher, Apply Online. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc Internship vacancy for MSc & MTech candidates. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Job Title: R&D Internship
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job ID: R-01191516
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
How will you make an impact?
The Intern will be part of a team passionate about protein design and engineering, antibody engineering, computational structural biology & protein purifications.
We provide customers with service offerings for ThermoFisher antibody developmental programs and custom antibody programs.
A Day in the Life:
- Perform protein modelling towards design and engineering of novel constructs.
- Perform protein purifications supporting antibody development programs and custom projects.
- To leverage automation to improve the throughput in the current processes.
- Perform validation and quality control analysis of the purified proteins.
- Be responsible for calibration and preventative maintenance of assigned equipment. Documentation of these activities.
Keys to Success:
- M.Tech/M. Sc in Biology, Molecular Biology or other scientific subject areas.
- Experience in protein design & modelling, antibody engineering and computational structural biology
- Basic laboratory experience in protein purification using various purification methods.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Individual must work well in a team environment.
- Excellent at record keeping and highly organized; neat and tidy and cognizant of shared lab space.
- Self-motivated individual who actively seeks new challenges.
- Capacity to learn new technologies/concepts rapidly and apply them to the needs of the lab.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Possible Interview Questions for the role of R&D Internship at Thermo Fisher:
- Can you describe your experience and knowledge in protein design, modelling, and antibody engineering? Answer: I have hands-on experience in protein design and modelling, as well as antibody engineering. I have worked on projects involving protein structure prediction, molecular docking, and rational design of novel constructs.
- How would you approach protein purification for antibody development programs and custom projects? Answer: I would assess the specific requirements of each project and choose appropriate purification methods such as affinity chromatography, size-exclusion chromatography, or ion-exchange chromatography. I would ensure efficient purification while maintaining protein stability and quality.
- Have you worked with automation in laboratory processes? How would you leverage automation to improve throughput in protein design and purification? Answer: Yes, I have experience with laboratory automation. To improve throughput, I would identify steps in the protein design and purification workflows that can be automated, such as liquid handling or data analysis. Automation can enhance efficiency, reduce human error, and accelerate the overall process.
- How would you perform validation and quality control analysis of purified proteins? Answer: I would employ techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, or ELISA to validate and assess the quality of the purified proteins. I would ensure accurate quantification, purity assessment, and functional characterization of the proteins through rigorous quality control measures.
- Can you discuss your ability to learn new technologies and apply them in the lab? Give an example of when you rapidly learned and implemented a new concept or technology. Answer: I am highly adaptable and have a strong capacity for learning new technologies. For instance, in a previous project, I quickly familiarized myself with a novel protein expression system and successfully implemented it to enhance protein production and yield. I actively seek out new challenges and strive to apply the latest technologies to address research needs.
Note: The answers provided are samples and can be tailored based on the individual’s actual experience and knowledge.
Editor’s Note: R&D Internship For MSc, MTech Biology, Mol Bio Candidates at Thermo Fisher, Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook