The Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) is conducting a short-term course using space technology for the agriculture sector. Unlock the potential of space technology for agriculture with the IN-SPACe course.Join us in revolutionizing Indian agriculture through cutting-edge knowledge and practical applications.
Course: Space Technology for the agriculture sector
Duration of Course: 20th November 2023 to 24th November 2023.
Course Type: Credit course with hands-on-training.
Course Conducted by: IN-SPACe in collaboration with ISRO, NAtional Skill Development Corporation, and non-government entities.
Course Objective: The course is designed to promote space technology in socially impactful applications.
Last date of Registration: October 2nd, 2023.
Course Fee: Rs.11,000.
Who can Apply: Academicians, Industry Executives, Graduates, Post-graduates and Researchers.
Have a read on IN-SPACe below:
The Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) is a significant initiative within India’s space sector. Established to promote, facilitate, and regulate space activities carried out by private entities in India, IN-SPACe plays a pivotal role in opening up the country’s space domain to commercial and private participation. Here are some key details about IN-SPACe:
1. Background and Purpose:
- IN-SPACe was established in 2020 as a part of the Indian government’s efforts to encourage private sector participation in space-related activities.
- Its primary objective is to create a conducive environment for private companies to engage in satellite launch services, space research, and other space-based ventures.
2. Regulatory Functions:
- IN-SPACe serves as the regulatory body responsible for granting licenses and permissions for private space activities, ensuring compliance with national security and international obligations.
- It oversees and regulates the launch and operation of space assets, including satellites, launch vehicles, and spaceports.
3. Promoting Innovation:
- IN-SPACe aims to foster innovation and entrepreneurship in the space sector by supporting startups, private companies, and academic institutions in their space endeavors.
- It encourages research and development activities, technology transfer, and collaboration between government and private entities.
4. Collaborative Ecosystem:
- IN-SPACe facilitates partnerships and collaborations between private players and established government space agencies like the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- It helps create a robust ecosystem where government and private organizations can work together to advance India’s space capabilities.
5. Commercialization of Space Services:
- IN-SPACe paves the way for the commercialization of space services, including satellite communication, Earth observation, space tourism, and more.
- It enables private companies to compete in the global space market and generate revenue through space-based activities.
6. Streamlining Processes:
- One of its key functions is to simplify and expedite the approval process for private space missions, reducing bureaucratic hurdles for prospective space entrepreneurs.
- It ensures that regulatory processes are transparent and predictable.
7. National Space Policy:
- IN-SPACe operates in accordance with India’s National Space Policy, which outlines the government’s vision for space activities and cooperation with the private sector.
IN-SPACe represents a significant shift in India’s space policy by encouraging private sector participation and fostering innovation. It plays a crucial role in not only expanding India’s capabilities in space technology but also in leveraging space for economic growth and national development.