List of Best Reference Books for NEET + 10 Studying Strategies
The National Entrance Cum Eligibility Test (NEET) is the sole entrance exam for MBBS/BDS and AYUSH programs. Aspiring students must leave no stone unturned to pass the NEET exam. Students who achieve higher grades will be admitted to a better government medical college. The best Standard Books for the NEET will help you crack this competitive medical entrance exam. Finding the best books for the NEET exam is one of the most important parts of better preparation. According to experts and toppers, NCERT books for classes 11 and 12 are the holy grail of NEET preparation. Using NCERT books for NEET preparation aids in concept clarification. By studying these books, students can answer nearly 90% of the questions in the NEET exam. The need for other books, on the other hand, is undeniable.
Once you decide to be a doctor, the next step is to begin studying for the NEET exam. Numerous books are available to assist you in studying for the NEET exam. You can purchase these books and enroll in an online NEET preparation course to begin studying for your exam. To achieve a high NEET score, you must practice many book questions and have the requisite commitment and fortitude. As there are so many NEET preparation books on the market, determining which books are the right choice for NEET exam preparation can be difficult.
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of studying for the NEET with the best books?
As NEET is India’s most competitive entrance examination, aspirants must comprehend the importance of preparing for NEET from the best books.
- Strengthen your concepts – Aspirants can use the best NEET books to strengthen their concepts.
- Broader understanding – There will be 180 questions in the NEET exam, with 50% based on NCERT concepts; however, referring to NCERT books alone may not be sufficient for a high score. Before purchasing NEET-specific study materials, begin with NCERT books. Once you have done with it, go for other NEET-specific books that will help students understand concepts in a broader context and answer the rest of 50% of the questions.
- Getting familiar with exam pattern – The NEET exam contains MCQs, and utilizing the best books for practicing NEET physics, chemistry, and biology will assist candidates in completing the MCQs within 3 hours. Also, it will help you examine your strengths and weaknesses and become accustomed to the exam pattern, such as the marking scheme, questioning strategies, and other pertinent aspects. Aspiring candidates will benefit from practicing MCQs from the best books in order to improve their preparation strategy, speed, and accuracy.
How Do You Select the Best Reference Books for NEET?
The NEET exam is extremely difficult to pass, and each aspirant must prepare using the appropriate books and resources. Having a lot of books isn’t enough to crack the NEET exam. You must plan meticulously and devote considerable time to preparations.
Consider the following major aspects when selecting the best books for Biology, Chemistry, and Physics for your NEET preparations:
- Covers the syllabus
Before you begin NEET exam preparation, you should familiarise yourself with the exam’s details and syllabus. When selecting books for the NEET exam, remember that the books must include the entire NEET syllabus. It must cover all the important topics asked on the NEET exam.
2. Previous year’s question paper A book containing solved NEET sample papers will be highly beneficial for your preparation. Sample papers provide insight into the NEET examination pattern and question types and help you analyze your progress. Choose books with previous year’s question papers and sample papers from every chapter.
3. Cover important topics Reading books and taking notes is only one aspect of your preparations. To outperform your competitors, you must devise an effective strategy. You must identify the topics you should concentrate on to score more.
4. Practicing the Correct Set of NEET Questions Although the NEET exam predominantly focuses on the NCERT curriculum, higher-level thinking skills are required. The NEET exam questions are more complex than the practice questions given in the NCERT books. Hence, you must practice the questions corresponding to the NEET’s difficulty level.
5. Detailed explanation Not all books on the market have explained the solutions you require to clear your doubts. While most NEET and objective-type books provide answer keys, proper solutions are needed to understand the concepts. If you don’t clear all your doubts, you won’t be able to crack the NEET exam.
6. Updated version of Books Be cautious of materials that do not state clearly when and how frequently they are updated to reflect the most recent exam changes. The exam is constantly changing. New questions are continually being added, while old or obsolete ones are being phased out. It is critical to obtain the most up-to-date edition of the study materials. Keeping this in mind, books and study materials that reflect the most recent exam is critical to your success.
7. Ratings and Reviews Another factor to consider when choosing study material is the number of people who used and reviewed it. Before buying a book, look up its rating and expert reviews online. You can obtain a reference by asking relatives or friends or searching for reviews on Google. If many people refer to the same study materials, many have used them, and the contents are of exceptional quality.
8. Basic Foundation The NEET exam will be a cakewalk if you understand the fundamental concepts. The NEET exam aims to identify true talent for the medical field, so mugging up in competitive exams will not work. That is why NEET subject experts and trainers constantly emphasize the importance of arming yourself with basic concepts to face application-oriented and logical thinking-based questions.
9. Make “Biology” a priority Though an equal number of physics, chemistry, and biology questions will be asked in NEET, biology is critical and can be solved quickly. Biology marks are also important for making the medical cut-off. As there is only a limited time in competitive exams to answer each question, you should prioritize your answers from easy to difficult in order to answer the most questions. Because it is a theoretical paper, you should be able to answer quickly if you know the correct answer. So, select a biology NEET book that clearly describes the concepts and uses visual illustrations to help you understand them better.
10. Ensure the contents are accurate – This is important when selecting study materials for NEET or other competitive exams. The student will not learn the right information if the study material contains errors. As a result, it is important to ensure that the information in the study material is completely accurate to get good grades.
NEET Syllabus and Recommend Books : Best Reference Books for NEET
Medical students who aim to crack the NEET must review the list of best books that can help them pass the exam. The syllabus lists the best NEET books for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology below. The NEET syllabus is divided into 3 sections: biology, chemistry, and physics. And each section necessitates the same level of focus and preparation. Understanding the NEET book list will help you choose the best NEET books and resources. The best NEET books, section by section, are listed below, along with the syllabus.
The physics section of the NEET exam has 45 questions with a total of 180 marks, i.e., 4 points per question. This section primarily assesses NEET aspirants’ problem-solving abilities in applying physics concepts. Physics is the most challenging section of the NEET exam, according to a number of experts and specialists, including a few NEET toppers. It is strongly advised that students pay close attention to it in order to achieve high grades and pass the NEET.
Standard Books for NEET Exam 2022:
Physics Syllabus: The NEET physics syllabus covers topics covered in both classes 11 and 12. Most of the questions from physics are asked in the chapters like Electrostatics, Mechanics, and Electronics. Students must prioritize conceptual clarification in order to achieve high NEET exam scores.
Standard Books for NEET Exam 2022: Best Reference Books for NEET Physics :
As Physics is regarded as a more complex subject by many NEET aspirants, you should prepare and clear all your doubts and learn how to approach typical Physics problems and achieve perfection through repeated practice. NCERT is the first and best physics book you should use to prepare for NEET. While NCERT will help you develop conceptual understanding, other study materials designed for NEET will help you develop test-taking skills to answer NEET-level questions. The NEET books for Physics are designed particularly for NEET students and will help you build higher-order thinking skills. It isn’t easy to achieve a high score in the NEET Physics section without adequate preparation. A few physics books for NEET by well-known authors are listed below.
- NCERT textbook – Class 11 & 12
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- DC Pandey Objective Physics
- Fundamental Physics (Volume I and II) by Pradeep Publications
- Objective Physics for NEET (Volume I) by D. C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov – Arihant Publications
- Objective Physics by Pramod Agarwal
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker (For optics, waves, and electromagnetism)
These books will aid in the understanding of NEET-level Physics concepts. Reading one or more of these physics books in addition to the NCERT books, on the other hand, could be time-consuming, but it will help in clearing your doubts and increase your knowledge.
The chemistry section also has 45 questions worth 180 points, i.e., 4 points each. The chemistry section contains Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry questions.
NEET: Chemistry Syllabus
Best Reference Books for NEET Chemistry:
As this section contains numerical and conceptual questions, aspirants must prepare using NEET Chemistry books and other study materials besides NCERT. According to previous year’s papers, the inorganic section, which includes memory-based questions, is usually easier than the other two sections. The best NEET chemistry books are listed below.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- NCERT Chemistry textbooks for Classes 11th and 12th
- Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry for NEET/AIIMS by M. S. Chauhan
- Modern ABC Chemistry for Class 11 (Part I & II)
- Grb A Text Book Of Inorganic Chemistry For Neet by Dr. O.P TANDON
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Organic chemistry by MS Chauhan, physical chemistry by N Avasthi, and inorganic chemistry by VK Jaiswal
While the biology section of the NEET exam is the largest section of the paper, it is also the easiest to score well. The NEET exam includes 90 Biology questions worth 360 marks out of a total of 720 marks.
NEET Biology Syllabus
Standard Books for NEET Exam 2022: Best Reference Books for NEET
These biology books are considerably large, and you may not have enough time to go through the whole set of books. But, biology is a fact-based subject, and revision is frequently required for retention. The following is a list of biology books that can be used for NEET preparation after completing the NCERT books.
- Biology for NEET Vol 1 and 2 by Arihant Publications
- Medical Entrances Biology – Volume I, II & III by Target Publications
- Trueman’s Objective Biology For Neet – Vol. I & II
- MTG Objective NCERT at your Fingertips
- NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII
- Complete AIPMT NEET Guide: Biology by MTG Learning Media
- Dinesh Objective Biology for NEET & Other Exams. (Set of 3 Vol.)
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2
- Volume I and II of Objective Biology (NEET exam) by Pradeep
- SC Verma Biology books
Preparation Tips for Completing the NEET Syllabus – 10 Studying Strategies
Now that you know about the Best Reference Books for NEET – To do well in the examination, students should be familiar with the NEET syllabus and exam pattern before beginning their preparation. Aspirants must adhere to the preparation guidelines. Some basic but helpful NEET preparation tips are provided below: –
- Stick to a strict schedule
Before beginning to study for the NEET exam, aspirants should create a timetable and stick to it. They must study for atleast 7-8 hours per day. Apart from studying, students must sleep for 7 hours per day. It aids in keeping you energized. Create a routine and adhere to it to meet your weekly and monthly goals.
2. Study from NCERT books For NEET preparation, candidates should depend on NCERT books to develop their basic concepts. The aspirants’ primary focus should be on these books. To gain in-depth knowledge, you can also study from alternate sources and NEET practice paper books.
3. Take Mock tests Candidates should take as many practice tests as possible before the NEET exam. It will boost the student’s confidence. They can recognize their flaws and shortcomings, which can then be addressed, and it will also improve the precision of your preparation.
4. Self-study You should do some self-study even if you receive coaching from any institute. As a result, the students can work on their pluses and minuses. So, in order to pass the exam with flying colors, students should do some self-study.
5. Solve Previous Years Questions Experts recommend solving previous years’ NEET question papers and NEET sample papers to understand the exam pattern and weightage of the NEET important topics.
6. Clear understanding of the concepts Do not leave any topic unresolved. The fundamental aspect of performing well in the NEET exam is having a clear idea and concept of the topics without any doubts.
7. Stay focused Spend less time on mobile phones and social media, as it can distract you from your studies. Rather, you should concentrate on your studies and work hard to meet your target.
8. Give enough time for revision The importance of revision in NEET success cannot be overstated. Ensure you’ve reviewed your notes a few times before the NEET exam. A smart NEET revision strategy will save you time and improve your confidence in the examination. Also, go over all of the diagrams and tables again.
9. Time management Being one step ahead of the competition is what NEET preparation is all about. Students who manage their time well gain an advantage over their competitors. Enhance your time management abilities by prioritizing assignments, creating an effective schedule, and avoiding procrastination and distraction.
10. Stay Healthy Students are advised to eat healthy foods and maintain a calm demeanor. Don’t put yourself through unnecessary strain. Sleeping well is an essential part of living a healthy lifestyle. Staying active and de-stressing and eating a healthy diet are important factors in NEET success. Due to extremely high-stress levels, many students fail to pass competitive exams. To achieve excellent results, maintain a stress-free and healthy lifestyle. Ultimate Guide For Strengthening Weak Areas In NEET Exam
Keywords: Best Reference Books for NEET, Standard Books for NEET Exam + 10 Studying Strategies; List of Standard Books for NEET Exam