IISER Kolkata PhD Biology & Life Sciences COVID-19 Project Recruitment
IISER Kolkata PhD Biology & Life Sciences COVID-19 Project Recruitment. PhD in Life science/ Biology jobs at IISER Kolkata. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This job expires in
Applications are invited for the post of one Post-Doctoral Fellow contractual position under the IUSSTF COVID-19 Virtual Networks research project “Leveraging reverse genetic strategies to study structure-function interplay of virus-host attachment spike protein to design therapies for COVID-19” in the multidisciplinary translational research field undertaken in the Department of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
Walk-in interviews for interested and eligible candidates will be held at IISER-Kolkata on
May 24th, 2022 at 11 AM May 30th, 2022 at 11 AM.
Name of the Position – Post-Doctoral/Research Associate
No. of vacancy – 1
Name of the Project – “Leveraging reverse genetic strategies to study structure-function interplay of virus host attachment spike protein to design therapies for COVID-19”
Principal Investigator – Jayasri Das Sarma
Duration – 6 months
Tenure of the post – 6 months
Age – 45 years but age can be relaxed if appropriate expertise to work with the project.
How to Apply –
- Walk-in interviews will be held on
May 24th, 2022May 30th, 2022 at 11 AM. at 11 AM in Room No.: S-226, Research Complex, Main Campus, IISER-Kolkata.
- Candidates who submitted their thesis can also apply if they fulfil other qualifications.
- Based on the walk-in interview selected applicants will be intimated by email. No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the interview.
Salary – Consolidated Rs. 45,000-55,000 (per month)
Essential Qualification – PhD in Life science/Biology or associated field with a minimum of 55% marks in MSc or equivalent degree and at least one first-author publication in a peer-reviewed international journal.
Desirable Qualification –
- Candidates must have a thorough grasp of basic and practical knowledge of Cell biology, immunology and molecular biology techniques including cloning and expression of proteins with independent ability in executing the research work as supported by their research publication or PhD work.
- Preferences will be given to candidates who have prior practical experiences in working with viruses or infectious pathogens at the molecular and cellular level and or are familiar with solvent-based extraction methods and handled instruments like fraction collectors and liquid chromatography. Comfortable in familiarizing oneself with new software tools.
- Good communication skill for scientific writing and presentation is a must. Publications in reputed peer-review journals will be preferred.
- The candidate will be expected to engage in interdisciplinary and collaborative research work.
Pro-efficient in logical thinking and independent execution of the project, good writing and oral English communication skills.
Editor’s Note: IISER Kolkata PhD Biology & Life Sciences COVID-19 Project Recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.