WISER DST-IGSTC Scheme – Applications Invited
WISER DST-IGSTC Scheme – Applications Invited. The programme is open to all areas of STEM. Special call for Women Researchers. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC), established by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Government of Germany invites applications from women researchers in India/Germany to participate and collaborate in an ongoing R&D&I project without applying for fresh project grant in partnering countries.
Women researchers are still underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) due to varied reasons. The situation has improved to a certain extent over the last few years, but an imbalance remains. Keeping in view the above scenario, this scheme intends to build scientific capacity, retain and promote women researchers in India/Germany by utilising complementary expertise in science, technology, innovation and research partnerships.
Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) was established by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Government of Germany to facilitate and promote Indo-German collaboration in Science and Technology (S&T) through substantive interactions between researchers of both India & Germany.
Overview of program –
- Through this scheme, women researchers/entrepreneurs holding a regular position in academic/research institutions/industrial research organisations in India/Germany may apply to be a part of an ongoing R&D project of interest with acceptance from the host team.
- The programme is open to all the areas of STEM.
- The grant includes funding for basic project requirements.
- The tenure will be for a period of 3 years or till completion of the project whichever is earlier and will cover one visit per year for short stay up to 1 month.
The grant will cover basic project assistance (including research staff*, consumables and contingency) for the awardee in the parent country and one month research stay in host country (single round-trip airfare, visa fee, medical insurance, per diem for the stay). The maximum grant for three years will be up to ₹ 39 lakhs/€ 48000.
*Research staff is only for Indian awardee.
Who can apply?
- Women holding regular/long-term research position in academia or research institute/industry.
- No age limit (Preference to Early/Mid-career researchers).
How to apply?
The application must be sent via “email” to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF document.
Indo-German Science & Technology Centre
Plot No. 102, Institutional Area
Sector – 44, Gurgaon – 122003, India
Editor’s Note: WISER DST-IGSTC Scheme – Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.