Shell Technology Centre Job – Biology Researcher Recruitment, Apply Online
Shell Technology Centre Job – Biology Researcher Recruitment, Apply Online. PhD Agriculture and Biology candidates are encouraged to apply for researcher vacancy. Check out all of the details on the same below:
Name of the Post – Researcher NBS – Agriculture/Forestry
Location – Shell Technology Centre – Bangalore
Job ID – R44913
Job Family Group – Research and Development
Worker Type – Regular
Posting Start Date – October 29, 2021
Business unit – Projects and Technology
Experience Level – Experienced Professionals
Job Description –
As Shell seeks to reduce its carbon footprint, you will develop and implement solutions that will enable Shell to thrive in the Energy Transition. The avoidance of greenhouse gas emissions and capture & storage of CO2 by biomass in natural ecosystems underpins our Nature Based Solutions (NBS) business which enables our customers to decarbonise. You will deliver the R&D upon which this business, and Shell’s Net Carbon Footprint (NCF) reduction ambitions, depend.
Where you fit in
You will give expert support to the rapidly growing NBS activities across Shell, including helping the NBS business to achieve its goals. There is also a significant R&D programme in this area. The scope ofthis work is global, with special focus on key regions where Shell’s NBS businesses are pursuing opportunities including US, EU, India, Africa and Brazil.
You will ensure that Shell maintains a current and insightful position on NBS types and potentials, including forestry, wetlands & peat, grasslands, agriculture as well as “blue carbon” (marine and littoral environments). This will require a broad knowledge in one of the areas from agronomy/crop production, forestry/agro-forestry, soil sciences, coastal ecology, etc. You will also maintain and develop expertise in sustainability issues such as ecosystems services, carbon intensity, and water – as well as the emerging legislative environment and voluntary carbon markets in which Shell NBS business must operate. You will be engaged in internal and external research programs, focusing on analysis, forecasting and due diligence on investable opportunities for NBS projects.
Your responsibilities will include the designing and implementation of experimental programs as well as collaborating with colleagues on, remote sensing, GIS, LCA modelling, eco-system services, environmental regulations and policy. The successful candidate will be expected to work with Shell scientists and engineers globally, with external partners and with Shell’s NBS businesses.
What’s the role
You will be instrumental in enabling Shell to meet its strategic objectives in decarbonisation through your technical expertise in NBS and related areas. You will form part of a community of deep technical experts in NBS, whose skills are unique within Shell, located in Shell Technology Centre Bangalore (India) and Shell Technology Centre Houston (USA).
Since multiple roles are available for application, your role will focus on some of the below areas-depending upon your experiences, future aspirations and business needs.
- Delivery of the experimental, technical and theoretical components of the R&D programme and technical support NBS projects globally within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters. A key aspect is designing and implementation of experimental programs in the lab and in the field.
- Working in partnership with internal & external partners, that address challenges related to measurement and quantification of biomass and soil carbon, including carbon flux, remote observation, GIS and the associated advanced IT and digitalisation tools.
- Supporting Shell’s NBS business in assessing, screening and developing new project opportunities and subsequently in monitoring the projects that are deployed.
- Develop content, based on science, to support advocacy, informing stakeholder and outreach around NBS.
- Develop deep insights on the regulatory framework, including in compliance markets and use those insights to support future NBS projects and growth opportunities.
- Advanced Technical Service support to the NBS business on NBS potentials for specific projects or regions.
- Screening of third-party technologies and companies – including supporting Shell Ventures in investment opportunities.
- Maintaining Shell’s scientific credibility by publishing the results of your work in peer-reviewed journals, internal technical reports, conference presentations, and patent filings.
What we need from you
You will bring deep technical expertise in one or more areas from NBS, agriculture, agronomy, soil sciences, forestry, agro-forestry, ecology, ecosystems services, coastal ecology, or a related filed. When it comes to nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations with other Shell businesses and with external technology partnerships, it’s your excellent people skills that will make the difference. A learner mindset, transparency and sharing data and lessons will be essential. You will need to demonstrate a commitment to Health, Safety, Security and Environment including in field work in the natural environment.
To be considered for one of the four roles open, you will have:
- A PhD in agricultural sciences, forestry, biology, ecology, environmental science or in a related field
- Experience working in NBS domains (e.g., forestry, agriculture, blue carbon (e.g. mangroves), wetlands, etc.) and the underpinning regulations
- Minimum work experience of three (3) years in NBS domains (e.g., forestry, agriculture, blue carbon (e.g. mangroves), wetlands, etc.) and the underpinning regulations
- Experience in R&D for NBS, agriculture, agronomy, soil sciences, forestry, agro-forestry, coastal ecology, ecosystem services, etc.
- Demonstrated a willingness to learn and apply cross-disciplinary approaches to solving problems and be happy working in a tight-knit, but globally dispersed team
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills; capable of effective and impactful communications across topics, audiences, and formats at various organisational levels
- Subject matter knowledge in one or more areas in crop production, forestry, agro-forestry, nutrient management, soil and water management, regulatory frameworks
What desirable experiences/skills you can bring in
- Field experience in soil carbon or nutrient management in agricultural or forestry eco-systems
- Carbon sequestration and/or greenhouse gas monitoring in agriculture, forestry, wetlands, blue carbon (e.g. mangroves), including field experience
- Developed and/or deployed advanced IT or digital tools in agriculture or forestry areas for either enhancing productivity or sustainability
- Hands-on experience of assessing and monitoring regulatory environment to guide R&D programs, technology and/or business development in one of the areas from agriculture, forestry, coastal ecology related areas
- Participated in screening and due diligence for investment in agriculture/forestry/bioenergy R&D programs and/or businesses highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Editor’s Note: Shell Technology Centre Job – Biology Researcher Recruitment, Apply Online. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.