ICGEB PhD Fellowships 2022 For Life Sciences – Arturo Falaschi
ICGEB PhD Fellowships 2022 For Life Sciences – Arturo Falaschi. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in
CGEB offers competitive Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment. Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, access to state-of-the-art facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs and a competitive stipend, plus full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance.
Guidelines for Application –
Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of32 years at the time of application.
There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
Financial Support –
- Duration: 3 years PhD course with the possibility of 1-year extension.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
To Apply –
- Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- Please note that the written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader you have contacted and who is willing to support your project is mandatory to apply.
- Please complete this application on line.
- Only one application per call is accepted for each candidate.
Documents to be uploaded
Please note that you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
(i) Your full CV
(ii) Academic records (diploma certificates and transcripts giving detailed information on all courses/final examinations completed, credit value or hours per course and grades received). Please note that all academic documents must be issued by the degree-granting University and bear the official seals and signatures and should be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation of each document.
(iii) Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
(iv) A valid identification document (passport or identity card)
(v) English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This document is mandatory for Trieste and is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
- Trieste, Italy: 1 October 2022
- New Delhi, India: 1 August 2022
- Cape Town, South Africa: 15 January 2023
See Poster Below
Editor’s Note: ICGEB PhD Fellowships 2022 For Life Sciences – Arturo Falaschi. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.