SRFP 2022 – Summer Research Fellowship Program 2022
SRFP 2022 – Summer Research Fellowship Program 2022. Science Academies Summer Research Fellowship Program for Students and Teachers 2022. Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi, The National Academy of Sciences, India, Prayagraj SRFP 2022. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This Call Expires In :
Science Academies Summer Research Fellowship Program for Students and Teachers 2022
Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru
Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
The National Academy of Sciences, India, Prayagraj
The three national Science Academies offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2022. A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants including eligibility criteria, and a list of names of scientists/faculty who have consented to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects is displayed in the online application.
Applications are invited from interested students and teachers from all universities and colleges affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI Accredited Institutions of State Universities/Private Universities for these Fellowships. The application should include: (a) the application form in the prescribed format; (b) scanned copies of markssheets from class X till the last examination; (c) a write-up (in about 150-250 words) as to what the applicant wants to learn and achieve. Student applicants should provide the email id of one of their teachers familiar with their work. The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The selected candidate should work with the assigned guide for two months any time during the calendar year, preferably during the summer.
Applications should be submitted by logging onto one of our websites [www.ias.ac.in; http://www.insaindia.res.in and www.nasi.org.in]. The registration number assigned soon after the online submission must be quoted in all future correspondence.
Information of selection along with concurrence of the guide will be despatched around February–March 2022. The selected students/teachers will be provided appropriate round trip train fare and a monthly fellowship to meet their living expenses at the place of work.
Please do not send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
- The application should be submitted online in the prescribed format. This link is available in the websites of the three Academies (www.ias.ac.in; www.insaindia.res.in; www.nasi.org.in).
- It’s mandatory to upload the marks sheets from class X till the last examination. Please have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format – the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb), before starting to fill up the application.
- Only one application per candidate will be considered. If more than one application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
- Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be filled.
- The last date for receipt of applications online is 30 November 2021.
B. Eligibility criteria
6a) Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch (II, III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
6b) Teachers must be teaching in a College/University.
7. The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above for students. The minimum percentage of average marks does not apply to teachers.
8. PhD students are not eligible.
9. Applicants who have availed of the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
10. The applicant should include a write-up (about 150–250 words) as to the specific area of the applicant and indicate what he/she would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship. It can also include the specific experiment or theory that the applicant wants to work on but NOT a general description of the area. The write-up should not be a “copy and paste” job from any source.
11. Do not use special/scientific characters like Ø Ü etc…as the software will prevent you from uploading the application with such characters.
D. Enclosures to application
12. Both student and teacher applicants must upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X till the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb).
13. Teacher applicants should upload their publications if any. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that necessary permission/leave of absence will be granted should be sent by post to the Coordinator, SRFP 2022, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru 560 080.
E. Other matters
14. Student applicants must upload the contact details of one of their present teachers or the Head of the Department (HoD). The Academy will get in touch with the teacher and obtain the recommendation letter.
15. All decisions regarding the selection of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute concerning SRFP 2022 shall be addressed to the Academy whose decision thereon shall be final.
16. If a candidate is found at any point of time to have submitted false information, his/her fellowship will be cancelled, and he/she will be asked to pay back the fellowship amount/travel allowance etc. that has been paid to him/her. Further his/her guide and the Institution in which he/she is currently studying will be informed of the matter.
17. Without prejudice to 15) above, only the courts at Bengaluru city shall be the fora for seeking judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
18. Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean the Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru), the Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Prayagraj).
19. Guide means a person from the list of scientists/faculty approved by the Academies as guides.
20. All correspondence should be addressed to:
Mr C S Ravi Kumar
Coordinator, Summer Research Fellowship Programme
Indian Academy of Sciences
CV Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bengaluru 560 080
Tel. (080) 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1222
User browser details:
Visitors count: 587
(*** This site is best viewed in browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE9.)
Editor’s Note: SRFP 2022 – Summer Research Fellowship Program 2022. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.