Women Scientist Scheme DHR – SGPGIMS Recruitment
Women Scientist Scheme DHR – SGPGIMS Recruitment. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This Job Expires In :
Application for Women Scientist Scheme is invited to work on “immunometabolomics” in neuroscience and viral infection diseases by using advanced tools of LC/MS, NGS, and Sanger sequencer in Dr. Alok Kumar’s Lab at Dept of Molecular Medicine, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Women Scientist Scheme, the candidate should send a recent CV and detail of research experience at email@example.com.
The endorsement certificate required when submitting the Women Scientist Scheme application at the DHR portal will be issued by SGPGI, Lucknow based on a scrutiny of the CV and research proposal of the candidate.
Please note that the last date for submitting the Women Scientist Scheme application on the DHR portal is 10.11.2021 (5:00 PM). Therefore, it is advised that the interested candidate contact the lab well in advance to complete the formalities for the endorsement letter well within time.
Women Scientist Scheme
Fellowships for women scientists who had break in career to bring them into
mainstream of health research
A large proportion of women undertake bio-medical education at graduation, postgraduation and doctorate level. But the present number of working women in biomedical research appears to be low than the expected and needs to be addressed.
The problems faced are several, but significantly, most often the “break in their
careers” arises out of motherhood and family responsibilities. The option for revival of
their profession is presently unavailable due to restrictions in age and qualification and
no system at present addresses these issues. Under this scheme, women scientists
will be encouraged to pursue research in identified areas of bio-medical/ health
(A) Category of Scholarships:
There will be following two categories of fellowships, based on the qualification and
experience of the candidates:
Category A: Women who are M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S. or MBBS/ BDS/ MVSc./ M.Sc./
M.Pharma/ M.Tech with Ph.D.
Category B: Women who are MBBS /BDS or M.Sc. /M.Tech. /M.Pharma with two
years of research or clinical experience.
- Only Indian women citizen and presently unemployed and having qualifications as prescribed for category A or category B will be eligible in respective category.
- Having M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S. or MBBS/ BDS/ MVSc./ M.Sc./ M.Pharma/ M.Tech or equivalent with Ph.D. in topic related to health research for category- A.
- Having MBBS / BDS. or M.Sc. /M. Pharma /M. Tech or equivalent. Atleast two years’ experience after the degree for category -B.
- The woman scientist shall be submitting the research plan in either of the identified area through any medical college/bio-medical research institute under one faculty member.
- Candidate already in job or registered for Ph.D. or having any other fellowship or support are not eligible.
- Candidate having research publication in indexed journals will be given preference.
- Women of 30-50 years of age as on last date of receipt of application are eligible.
- Fellowship is to the applicant scientist and area specific and cannot be transferred.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year break in career which should be substantiated with valid reasoning while submitting the application.
- Women candidates with break due to motherhood, family reasons will be preferred. Break in career due to medical reasons should be supported by proper certificate from Govt. hospitals. If break in service has been awarded due to administrative reasons, such cases would not be considered.
(C) Funding mechanism
- The fellow shall submit a research proposal and shall be working with or under the supervision of a regular faculty of a Research Institute.
- Category A: A fellowship of Rs. 70,000/- per month (for medical persons) and Rs. 60,000/- pm for non-medical persons for a period of 3 years. A contingency grant upto Rs.10.00 lakhs per year will be given to meet the expenses of consumables / field work related work and for attending the meetings, etc.
- Category B: A fellowship of Rs. 55,000/- per month (for medical persons) and Rs. 50,000/- per month (for non- medical persons) for a period of 3 years. A contingency grant upto Rs.10.00 lakhs per year will be given to meet the expenses of consumables / field work related work and for attending the meetings, etc.
- The amount (fellowship and contingency) will be released to the institute in favour of the Head, and will be kept in separate account.
- The audited statement of accounts of the scheme, done by the’ statutory audit body’, will be obtained.
- Work of the fellow will be reviewed periodically by expert group and shall continue only after receiving the satisfactory report from the expert panel.
(D) Age relaxation:
Age relaxation of 5 years would be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged category. Attested copies of supporting documents in this regard must be enclosed.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Women Scientist Scheme DHR – SGPGIMS Recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.