Bioinformatics Jobs at NII – Life Sciences Research Fellow Posts
Bioinformatics Jobs at NII – Life Sciences Research Fellow Posts. Recruitment of Bioinformatics & Life Sciences candidates at NII. SRF/JRF Posts. Research Fellow Job Openings at NII. Check out the details given below:
This job expires in :
Job Name: Senior Research Fellow / Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Name of the Project: “Using next generation genome editing tool CRISPR/Cas9 in Caenorhabditis elegans to understand the molecular link of nutrient signaling and aging” funded by DBT
Principal Investigator: Dr. Arnab Mukhopadhyay Staff Scientist-VI (Email: email@example.com)
Tenable till: 05.07.2022
- The applicants chosen for the above posts will certainly be on contract for one year or
period of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
- No hostel/ housing facility will be provided.
- Candidates may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/ PH as well as attach documentary proof of the same.
- No TA/DA will certainly be paid for attending the interview if called for.
- Apart from sending applications in the prescribed format given below, candidates
should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise.
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email about the date and time of
Interviews. Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held through online video conferencing tools.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT
GIVEN BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete C.V., e-mail id, fax numbers, telephone numbers. Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and they are required to submit attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/STPH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 20.09.2021
Educational Qualification: Masters degree (M.Sc./M.Tech) in Bioinformatics or any area of life science or MCA, good academic record. The applicant should have qualified for any ‘National Level Examination’. The candidates will be considered for SRF if they have two years of research experience.
Job Description & Desired Knowledge:
The candidates are expected to have:
- Experience in Next-generation sequencing analysis of transcriptomics, ChIP-seq and small RNA-seq data
- Ability to analyze raw primary data generated by Illumina Next-generation sequencing
platform and create/troubleshoot custom analysis pipelines
- Ability to handle all downstream secondary and tertiary data analysis using commercially
available as well as open-source software (transcriptomics, ChIP-seq, small RNA-seq)
- Apart from these, the applicant should have knowledge of the following:
• Scripting language: R, Perl and/or Python.
• Operating system: Unix, Linux and Windows.
• Exposure to NGS Analysis tools like: Maq, BWA, Bowtie, SAM tools, BEDTools, MACS,
Galaxy, FastQC, Tophat, Cufflinks, AvadisNGS, CLC Genomics Workbench, Galaxy,
• Understanding of Statistics using: Microsoft Excel and R.
• Genome Browser: UCSC, Ensemble, IGV, IGB
• Ability to use Motif Analysis Tools like: MEME Suite, Transfac and RSAT
• Functional Annotation Tools: DAVID, GeneCodis, Gene Cards
Emoluments: The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019, depending upon qualifications & experience.
- Senior Research Fellow (Project): Rs. 35,000/- pm + 24 percent HRA
- Junior Research Fellow: Rs. 31,000/- pm + 24% HRA
See Notification & Download Format Below
Editor’s Note: Bioinformatics Jobs at NII – Life Sciences Research Fellow Posts. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.