IRRI Biochem Jobs – MSc & PhD Project Associate Vacancy
IRRI Biochem Jobs – MSc & PhD Project Associate Vacancy. PhD & MSc Biochemistry/ Plant Biotechnology/ Genetics candidates are encouraged to apply online for a Senior Project Associate – Grain Quality & Nutrition vacancy at The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI). Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to apply online as per the details given below:
This job expires in :
Name of the Job: Senior Project Associate – Grain Quality & Nutrition
Job ID: HQ01222
This is a position under the project awarded to IRRI by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) the project for the development of superior haplotype-based near-isogenic lines (Haplo-NILs) for enhanced genetic gain in rice. The incumbent to this position will be responsible to conduct lab research on grain quality as well as nutrition. The position will undertake innovative research on grain quality and also nutrient analysis of 3k subset, landrace, HYVs as well as breeding lines.
This position will be based at the IRRI South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and will only be filled by permanent citizens of India.
Roles as well as Obligations:
- Conduct grain quality analysis of 3k subset, traditional as well as improved germplasm collection as well as bi-parental mapping populations
- Detailed grain nutrient analysis of 3k subset, traditional and also improved germplasm collection and also bi-parental mapping populations
- Assist project partners in grain quality as well as nutritional analysis
- Coordination with breeders and NARES partners for the implementation of breeding for rice nutritional quality traits
- Work closely with teams of ISARC, IRRI SAH as well as HQ.
- Aid in the maintenance of laboratory/ grain quality and nutrient analysis/ data collection to guarantee order as well as cleanliness as required by the protocols of the Institute consisting of storage as well as preparation of samples as well as other chemicals
- Assist the project partners for grain quality and nutrient analysis
- Execution as well as monitoring of the everyday grain quality analysis and also data recording
- Maintain supply inventory and ensure the availability of sample and data
Salary: 42000 INR per month
PhD. Biochemistry/ Plant Biotechnology/ Genetics and plant breeding.
Masters in Biochemistry/Plant Biotechnology/Genetics and also plant breeding with minimum 4 years of post-Masters pertinent experience.
- Lab management
- Optimization/ standardization of the grain quality and nutrient analysis protocol
- Grain quality and also nutrient analysis of rice germplasm/breeding lines/3k subset
- Has experience in the analysis of grain quality, nutrient and also various other biochemical studies.
- House-Rent Allowance: House Rent Allowance:16% of base pay each month.
This position will be covered under a worldwide covered medical insurance, life and accident insurance plan. Join our team and be a part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Closing Date: 21-June-2021
Editor’s Note: IRRI Biochem Jobs – MSc & PhD Project Associate Vacancy. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.