NCBS Molecular Biology & Biotechnology Recruitment – Apply Online
NCBS Molecular Biology & Biotechnology Recruitment – Apply Online. PhD Biotechnology & Molecular Biology Job. NCBS Job Opening. National Centre for Biological Sciences job vacancies for phd candidates. Check out all of the details below:
This job expires in :
Advt No.01/2021 : Appointment of a Post Doctoral Fellow on Contract Basis in the lab of Dr. Sabarinathan Radhakrishnan
We are looking for a creative and highly motivated Postdoctoral researcher to join the research group of Dr Sabarinathan Radhakrishnan at NCBS to study the impact of chromatin architecture on somatic mutational procedures and also gene regulation in cancer, funded by DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance.
The broad aims of this project consist of (a) How does three-dimensional chromatin architecture impact the basic biological procedures such as DNA replication and DNA repair? (b) How does that influence the generation of somatic mutations in specific regions of the genome? As well as (c) Can those mutations affect the local chromatin architecture as well as thereby cause any phenotypic effects?
Number of position: 1
Period: Initially one year, which is extendable upon evaluation.
This role is in the lab which performs basic cardiovascular as well as cerebrovascular studies. The chosen applicant will closely work with the principal investigator and will certainly be studying the role of vascular genes regulating artery remodelling in the mouse heart. Research work involves maintaining mouse colonies relevant to the project, performing surgical procedures on mice, followed by analyses of coronary vascular gene expression and function in different genetic mouse models by using various cellular and molecular techniques. The candidate will work independently and with other lab members of Das lab or other labs, participate in lab discussions, present data in meetings.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must email to Dr Sabarinathan Radhakrishnan (e-mail: [email protected]) enclosing:
- Curriculum Vitae (with the names and contact details of a minimum of two scientific referees).
- Summary of previous research work, statement of research interest as well as suitability for this position.
Please mention the advertisement number in the subject line. Incomplete applications will certainly not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be welcomed for an on-line interview which might comprise multiple rounds to assess the candidate’s fit for the position.
- Submission Deadline: 10th March 2021
- Preferred Joining Date: 1st May 2021
Note: Kindly fill the online application step by step from your Laptop/Desktop with the latest browser. Please do not use MOBILE phones for submitting online applications.
Qualification & Experience required:
- PhD in Molecular Biology/Biotechnology or related field with experience in cancer biology.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, stable cell line generation as well as molecular biology techniques such as Western blotting, Cloning, immunostaining, DNA/RNA extraction and also quantification, as well as high throughput assays to understand DNA-protein interactions and also gene expression. Experience with genome editing techniques (e.g., CRISPR/Cas) is a plus.
- A strong interest to develop and implement single-cell genomics approaches and also data analysis will be preferred.
Wage: As per the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India standards.
Editor’s Note: NCBS Molecular Biology & Biotechnology Recruitment – Apply Online. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.