MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment 2020 – Online Applications Invited
MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment 2020 – Online Applications Invited. BSc/MSc & PhD Biosciences, Life Sciences, Botany and Biotechnology Scientist Job Vacancies. Online Application For Jobs at MoEFCC. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This Job Expires In :
Government of India
Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
Indira Paryavaran Bhawan, Jor Bagh Road, New Delhi – 110003.
Advertisement No. 01/02/2020 – P. III
MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment 2020
Applications are welcomed from Indian citizens for filling of thirty-Four (34) posts of Scientists on Direct Recruitment basis in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change including its subordinate offices based on details given below:
1. MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FOREST & CLIMATE CHANGE
Name of the Post: Scientist – ‘E’
No. of Posts: 01 (one)
Post No: Post No. 3/D/MoEF – (UR)
Age Limit: 45 years
2. BOTANICAL SURVEY OF INDIA (BSI)
Name of the Post: Scientist – ‘C’
No. of Posts: 03 (three)
Post No: Post No. 21-30/C/BSI – (UR-03 / SC-02 / ST-01 / OBC-04
Place of Posting (for Post No.21-30/C/BSI): BSI, Kolkata or anywhere in India including Andamanand Nicobar Islands.
Age Limit: 35 years
3. NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY (NMNH)
Name of the Post: Scientist – ‘D’
No. of Posts: 01 (one)
Post No: Post No. 33/D/NMNH – (UR)
Place of Posting: Anywhere in India
Age Limit: 40 years
The age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and by 3 years in case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes ( OBCs). The age limit is also relaxable by five years for government servants in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time. the age limit is also relaxable for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and ex-servicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by the Government of India.
Terms & Conditions for MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment 2020:
- The candidates of only Indian Nationality can apply for these posts.
- There is No Application Fee for applying to any post.
- The Candidates must carry the original photo id proof which has been mentioned in the application, at the time of the interview, if shortlisted.
- The Ministry reserves the right to post the selected candidates anywhere in India.
- Experience specified for the above posts shall be the experience acquired after obtaining the Essential Educational qualifications prescribed for the posts.
- Applicants are NOT required to upload the scanned copies of certificates and supporting documents with the application form. However, the same will be produced at the time of documents verification.
- Applicants are advised to ensure before applying that they possess essential qualification and experience for the post. The Experience, Qualification and age will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of applications i.e 20th December 2020. No updating of qualification and experience will be entertained after the last date
- Application once submitted cannot be altered/resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data/ particulars entered by the candidate in the Online Application will be entertained, once the application is submitted. Therefore, please keep all data/details ready before you start filling up the Application Online.
- The persons applying for more than one post must apply separately.
- Ministry shall verify the antecedents and documents in support of the details furnished by the candidates in the application form at any time, at the time of appointment or during the tenure of service. In case, it is found that the Applicants have submitted fake documents or the applicants have undesirable clandestine antecedents/background and have suppressed the material information, his/her services shall be liable to be terminated.
- The character of a person for direct recruitment to the service must be such as to render him/her suitable in all respect for appointment to the service. Persons dismissed by the Union Government or by a State Government/ UTs or by a Local Authority or a Government Corporation owned or controlled by the Central Government or State Government will be deemed to be ineligible for appointment.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of appointment letter, Ministry reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the Applicants.
- The reservations/relaxations policy for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS applicants will be as per the existing Govt. of India policy. Applicants applying for the reserved posts should clearly state to which category they belong.
- The appointment against EWS category is provisional and subject to the Income and Asset certificate being verified through proper channel and if the verification reveals that the claim to belong to EWS is fake/false, the services will be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provision of the Indian Penal Code for production of fake/false certificate.
- The persons with Degree of Disability of 40% and above are eligible for applying for the PWD.
- The applicants serving in Govt./Semi. Govt./PSUs/Autonomous Organization must obtain No Objection Certificate from their employer and produce it at the time of documents verification. In case the applicant fails to submit the No Objection Certificate from his employer, his candidature will not be considered.
- Canvassing in any form on behalf of or by any applicant will disqualify him/her from being considered for the post.
- All the appointees shall be governed by the New Pension Scheme (NPS) introduced by Govt. of India.
- Appointments under Direct Recruitment are regular in nature with a probation Period as per Govt. of India norms and the same shall be confirmed depending upon satisfactory completion of the probation period.
- The Ministry reserves the right to:
(a) Withdraw the advertisement either partly or wholly at any time without assigning any reason to this effect.
(b) Fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever
(c) Increase/decrease the number of posts without giving any reason.
(d) Any addition/deletion and changes in the matter of terms and conditions given in this notification of the recruitment.
- Request for change of mailing address or e-mail address or Mobile No. during the process of recruitment will not be entertained under any circumstances. Ministry will not be responsible for any loss of e-mail, loss of any communication due to wrong address provided by the candidates.
- Applicants shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of document verification.
- Any corrigendum/addendum pertaining to this advertisement, the same shall be published on the Ministry’s website only. Accordingly, all applicants in their own interests are advised to regularly visit the Ministry’s website i.e. http://envfor.nic.in.
- A travel allowance will be paid for travel by train ( AC 3-Tier) / ordinary bus to and fro from the nearest Railway Station, as indicated in your application by the shortest route to New Delhi on the production of tickets for journeys within the territory of India for attending this interview. The candidates already employed in the Attached/Subordinate/ Regional Offices/Autonomous Organisations of this Ministry may claim the TA from their parent office itself. No TA will be paid by this Ministry to them. It may please be noted that no airfare is reimbursable in any circumstances. Candidates residing outside India will travel to India/back at their own cost and expenses.
- Candidates, who have obtained Degrees or Diplomas or Certificates for various courses from any institution declared fake/de-recognized by the UGC/AICTE/PCI shall not be eligible for being considered for recruitment to the posts advertised. If this is detected at any stage during their service, their service will be terminated forthwith.
- No interim correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from Applicants. However, the candidates can contact Helpline at 011-24695133.in the event of any difficulty in submitting the application form.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Competent Authority of Ministry in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, the conduct of the interview will be final and no query or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any applicant.
- No person shall be recruited unless he/she is in good mental and physical
health. Candidates who are finally approved for the appointment shall produce Medical Certificate from an authorized Government Medical Officer at the time of joining the Ministry.
- A Candidate’s admission to Interview and subsequent processes is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Ministry. The Ministry would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the process, cancel the candidature of the candidate in case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/ Certificate/ documents or has suppressed any material fact(s). If any of these deficiencies is/are detected after appointment in the Ministry, their services are liable to be summarily terminated as per rules.
- Errors and omissions in the notification and selection process are subject to
corrections as per rules.
- The candidates having a valid PhD shall mention the dates of their registration and completion for the said PhD, failing which the PhD will not be considered during initial screening.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are minimum and it would be open to the Ministry to restrict the number of candidates to be interviewed to a reasonable limit by adopting qualifications and experience of a higher level than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement, by way of initial screening through a duly constituted Departmental Screening Committee.
- Only the papers which are published in NAAS (National Academy of Agricultural Sciences) rated journals and that too in the relevant field of experience as required in the post applied for, will be considered for evaluation. The NAAS journal ID should invariably be mentioned for each publication failing which they would not be considered for evaluation. Papers submitted or which are under review process will also not be considered.
- The ISBN number of the book published should invariably be mentioned, failing which they would not be considered for evaluation. The applicant must be the sole author or one of the co-authors and where the total number of authors shall not exceed three, to be eligible for evaluation. Chapter(s) or contributions made to a book would not construe as a published book.
- Applications should be submitted online within 30 days of publication in the Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar. The applicants are advised to submit their applications as early as possible without waiting for the last date.
- The applicants are required to upload their photographs (coloured photographs with white background) of the prescribed size and their specimen signature while submitting the applications. Persons working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Organizations should submit their applications through proper channel and
duly upload the certificate as given in Annexure-A of the ‘Proforma for Application’ in accordance with the instructions at Para No 37 below. No other documents /certificates are required to be uploaded at this stage.
- Persons working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous
Organizations should submit their applications through proper channel and duly upload the certificate as given in Annexure-A(download Annexure-A from the Home page of the recruitment portal). The applicants may download and get a printout of application for obtaining approval of the Competent Authority of their organization for forwarding the application. It may be noted that (a) Annexure-A where the date is not mentioned and/or (b) official seal of the forwarding authority is not affixed will be treated as incomplete and would be summarily rejected.
- Persons working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations and applying for a post which is equivalent to his present post or equivalent to his promotion post should note that if they are short-listed for the interview they will be required to furnish physical certified copies of ACRs/APARs for the immediately preceding 5 years or the actual period of his/her service, in the event of his/her working/teaching/research as the case may be, is in an organization or post where ACRs/APARs are mandatory. In case the candidate is applying for a post which is more than one level above his current post, 3 ACRs APARs per level of the jump is to be provided in addition to ACRs/APARs as mentioned in the preceding sentence. The physical copies of the ACRs/APARs are tobe provided only when called for and need not be uploaded at this stage.
- The candidates will have to furnish the certificates/proof of details in respect for the information furnished by them in the Application form including the certificates/ documents in support of their educational qualifications, date of birth, category ( SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD), publication Papers/ Books etc. as and when asked to submit the same by the MoEF&CC. Failure to do so will result in rejection of their applications.
- The requisite experience mentioned against the posts implies experience in the area(s) mentioned in the Detailed Advertisement only which should be clearly mentioned in the relevant column (Nature of duties/experience) of the application form.
For Post I
Essential Qualifications For MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment 2020:
Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology with 07 years working experience in the field of Environmental Pollution Control or Environmental Impact Assessment or Management of Hazardous Substances or Management of Biodiversity or Conservation and Survey.
Doctorate in Biotechnology with 04 years working experience in the field of
Environmental Pollution Control or Environmental Impact Assessment or Management of
Hazardous Substances or Management of Biodiversity or Conservation and Survey.
Duties and Job Requirements (For posts No. 01 to 15):
- Policy planning and coordination for environmental protection.
- Impact Assessment techniques for implementation of environmental protection.
- Pollution control techniques and pollution control data assessment and also an interpretation for developing new techniques.
- Developing safety procedures for hazardous substances management.
- Eco-regeneration, assistance to organizations implementing environmental and forestry research, extension, education and also training to augment the requisite manpower, dissemination and also creation of environmental recognition among all sectors of the country’s population.
Pay Matrix: Level -13, Rs.123100-215900 of Pay Matrix of CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
For Post II
Master’s Degree in Botany or Agriculture Science from a recognized University/Institute with 03 years of experience in the field of the taxonomy of Angiosperms / Gymnosperms / Pteridophytes / Bryophytes / Lichens/Fungi/Algae
Doctorate in Degree in Botany or Agriculture Science from a recognized university/ Institute.
- Knowledge of International Code of Botanical Nomenclature;
- Working knowledge of any one of the foreign languages– Latin, German, French as well as Russian;
Duties and Job Requirements (For posts No. 21-30/C/BSI):
- To identify plants.
- To prepare scientific reports on field or herbarium specimens.
- To undertake field excursions.
- To supervise the work of Scientific Assistant and Technical Assistant.
- Identification of specimens in Regional/National Herbaria, preparation of Floristic accounts of the collection of Angiosperms, Algae, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms. Fungi, Lichens.
- Supervision of the work of Scientific Assistant as well as aid and also the assistance of the Officer-in-Charge of the Office and also any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Area of Experience: Plant Taxonomy
Pay Matrix: Level 11 of Pay Matrix of Rs. 67700-208700 of Pay Matrix of CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
For Post III
Master’s Degree in Botany or Zoology or Geology or Bio-Sciences or Life Sciences or Environmental Science or Wildlife Biology from a recognized University/Institute
Doctorate in Botany or Zoology or Geology or Bio-Sciences or Life Sciences or Environmental Science or Wildlife Biology from a recognized University/Institute
Duties and Job Requirements (For post No. 33/D/NMNH):
- Curatorial responsibilities related to the development and also the management of natural history collections, exhibitions and related educational and also extension services.
- Planning, development and organization of museum collections, exhibitions and also in educational programmes.
- Planning, development as well as execution of thematic exhibits of permanent as well as short-term nature.
- Maintenance and documentation of reserve collection as well as exhibits.
Pay Matrix: Level -12, Rs. 78800- 209200 of Pay Matrix of CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
See Notification Below For MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment 2020
Editor’s Note: MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment 2020 – Online Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.