Govt IWST Biotech Jobs – Junior Research Fellow Vacancy
Govt IWST Biotech Jobs – Junior Research Fellow Vacancy. ICFRE – Institute of Wood Science & Technologyis hiring for msc jobs. MSc candidates are requested to attend the walk-in that has been scheduled for Junior Research Fellow position at IWST as per the details given below:
This job expires in :
INSTITUTE OF WOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
(Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education)
(An Autonomous Body of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt. of India)
P.O. Malleswaram, Bengaluru – 560 003
No.1-6/2020-21-IWST/Estt./JRF & PA/842
A walk-in-interview will be held at the Institute of Wood Science & Technology, P.O. Malleswaram, Bangalore – 560 003 on 24-08-2020 at 10-30 AM. for the positions of Junior Research Fellow, and Junior Project Fellows in the following research projects purely on a temporary basis and co-terminus with the project period. Interested and eligible candidates are requested to attend the walk-in-interview on the specified date and time
Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Positions: 01
Name of the Project: “Development of SSR markers and assessment of genetic diversity of natural populations of Pterocarpus santalinus L. f. distributed in the Eastern Ghats, India”
Name of the PI: Dr H.R. Prabuddha, IFS Breeding SFM Division
Duration: Two years
How to Apply:
- The upper age limit for JRFs/JPFs is 28 years as on the date of interview i.e. on 24/08/2020 (Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/Women/Physically Handicapped and OBC candidates).
- Candidates should submit their bio-data in person, while attending the interview, from 9.30 AM· to 10.30 AM. The registration process will be closed by the above specified time on the date of walk-in-interview.
- The position is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
- If at any time, in the opinion of the Director of the Institute you are found neglectful or unable to carry out research or guilty of conduct unbecoming of fellowship holder, the Director shall have the power to terminate your fellowship at any time without notice.
- The position can also be terminated at any time by the Director without assigning any reason or earlier depending on the performance of the candidates.
- Recruitment for the above temporary positions is governed by rules of the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education and does not guarantee subsequent employment in any Institutes under the Council.
- Candidates should bring original testimonials on date of birth, educational qualification and community certificate for verification. Attested copies of the same are to be attached with bio-data form while appearing for the interview. Candidates without Provisional Certificate/Degree Certificate awarded by the Universities will not be permitted to attend the interview.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
Emoluments: Rs.31,000/- per month+ HRA as admissible.
Essential Qualifications: (a) First Class M.Sc/ M.Tech. in Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/Genetics and Plant Breeding (b) Candidates should have qualified in NET.
Desirable Qualifications: Research knowledge and experience in Population sampling in the field, DNA and RNA isolation, Genomic and transcriptome sequencing and analyse raw
primary data generated by Illumina next-generation sequencing platform, SSR, SNP and EST analysis in silico analysis of polymorphic markers, Genotyping/ Genetic diversity analysis and report writing.
See Notification & Download Application Format From Below
Editor’s Note: Govt IWST Biotech Jobs – Junior Research Fellow Vacancy. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.