DST Inspire Fellowship 2020 – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant
DST Inspire Fellowship 2020 – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant. DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2020. INSPIRE Fellowship 2020. Interested applicants can check out all of the details below:
The last date for online submission of the application of INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2020 has been extended till 20 September 2020
This call expires in :
Ministry of Science and Technology
Department of Science and Technology
17th ADVERTISEMENT call – 2020
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme: A component under INSPIRE
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, launched the
“Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” [www.online-inspire.gov.in] Programme in 2008. This programme which covers the age group of 15-35 years, aims to attract young Indian talent towards the study of science leading to careers in science. INSPIRE includes four components out of which the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme offers post-doctoral fellowships to young achievers for independent research in the near term and emerging as a future leader in the long term.
- Indian citizens and people of Indian origin with PIO status having PhD degree (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine and agriculture-related subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Candidates shall possess a minimum of 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout their academic profile starting from the Higher Secondary Examination (Class 12 onwards).
- Those who have submitted their PhD theses and are awaiting the award of the degree are also eligible. However, the selection for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship will be confirmed
only after confirmation of the award of the PhD degree.
- The upper age limit as on 1st Jan 2020 is 32 years for General Category. However, for SC and ST candidates, the upper age limit will be 35 years. For persons with benchmark disabilities (Divyangjan with not less than 40 percent of a specified disability) the upper age limit will be 42 years.
- Publication(s) in highly reputed Journals demonstrating the research potential of this candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India may also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career
prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
- Candidates who are within the top 1% in Class 12 examination, IIT-JEE rank holders, 1st
rank holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examinations.
B) Mode of Application:
- Two routes, viz. Direct and Nomination mode, are available for application on the online
portal by the eligible candidates
- Candidates, who intend to apply either through Direct or Nomination mode, should apply in the online mode only. To apply ONLINE, please visit the website: www.onlineinspire.gov.in and follow the process described therein. After successful submission of the application online, the candidate may obtain a printout of the application and keep it for personal use only.
- Nominations from academic institutions or Industry R&D Centers can also be sent through Vice-Chancellors/ Directors of Institutions/ Heads of Institutions/ Presidents and Fellows of Science Academies or Eminent Scientists from India and abroad based on personal knowledge. Nominations are to be sent to the Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi only.
C) Method of Selection
- The Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi, in coordination with DST, is
implementing this INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme up to the stage of the recommendation of candidates for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
- A three-tier selections process, viz. recommendations by discipline-based Expert
Committees of INSA in case of candidates under Direct and Nomination modes/routes,
followed by the Apex Level Committee of INSA. Based on the recommendations of these
committees, DST makes the final selection.
D) Amount & Duration of each INSPIRE Faculty position
- Each selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be eligible to receive a consolidated amount of
Rs.1,25,000/-p.m as fellowship. In addition, a Research Grant of Rs.7 lakh every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate including the carry-forward
the amount, if any, from the previous year. The consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5 (five) years. No Fellow shall avail two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
E) Terms and Conditions for Implementation
- Candidates, who have not identified host institutions at the time of their application, should
do so immediately after their final selection. All selected candidates should avail the
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship within 3 months of their final selection.
- A selected candidate, who is yet to be awarded the PhD degree, will receive an intimation for submission of his/her PhD degree certificate within 3 months to avoid forfeiting the
opportunity. Upon submission of the PhD degree certificate, the Offer Letter will be issued to the candidate through the web portal with 3 months‟ validity to undertake the fellowship at the chosen Host Institution.
- Selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellows joining private academic/research institutes shall receive
only the Research Grant and their host institutions will have to pay the fellowship amount as per Scheme norms.
- In case an INSPIRE Faculty Fellow finds a permanent position during the tenure of the
Fellowship, the Fellowship amount shall be discontinued from the day the INSPIRE Faculty
Fellow joins the permanent position but he/she may continue with the INSPIRE Faculty
Fellowship Scheme availing Research Grant only for the remaining period to carry out
research while occupying the new position.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellow is eligible to apply for any competitive grant from various
funding agencies during the tenure of the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
F) Roles and requirements of Host Institutions
- Host institutions are expected to provide a congenial atmosphere to INSPIRE Faculty
Fellows to enable them to excel in their work, and should view them as potential assets for faculty development. Host institutes should utilize the presence of INSPIRE Fellows to
introduce new areas/directions of research.
- Under no circumstances, the “INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship” is renewable after 5 years.
Host institutions are expected to consider the “INSPIRE Faculty Fellows” for permanent
positions in due course, subject to their meeting institutional performance assessment
- Host institutes should provide acceptable laboratory and office space (independently or on shared basis), ensure access to all common infrastructural facilities, computing facilities, library etc., to the INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- Under the Nomination Mode, in-breeding by host institutions is generally not encouraged. However, in case of host institutions are willing to nominate their own PhD students under this Scheme, specific justifications and commitment for the development of independent directions of research should be provided for consideration.
- Host institutes should provide information on whether the INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be
allowed to supervise PhD students, hire research fellows, independently or jointly with a
permanent faculty member, while hosting the Faculty Fellows.
G) The Last date
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship shall be regulated as per the guidelines available on the
website: www.online-inspire.gov.in Candidates need to visit the website and read the
guidelines thoroughly before applying for the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship scheme.
- The last date for making online applications for ‘Direct Mode’ and „Nomination Mode‟ is 10th September 2020.
More Details on Scheme
Check Scheme Guidelines Below
See Advert Below
Editor’s Note: DST Inspire Fellowship 2020 – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.