DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance Early Career Fellowships 2020
DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance Early Career Fellowships 2020. This is a mentored Fellowship programme that provides a unique opportunity for promising postdoctoral researchers to carry out high-quality biomedical research in India towards building an independent research career.
This call expires in :
DBT/ Wellcome Trust India Alliance invites applications for its Early Career Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research. That is a mentored Fellowship programme which offers a special chance for promising postdoctoral researchers to perform high-quality biomedical research in India towards developing an independent research career.
- Applicant must be in the final year of PhD or have no more than four years of post-PhD research experience from the date of PhD viva to the invited full application submission deadline (tentatively in October 2020 for the current round of competition); due consideration will be given to justified non-research career breaks
- The applicant may either have completed or been pursuing a PhD in any discipline of science; however, the proposed research work must be within the funding remit of India Alliance.
- There are no restrictions based on age or nationality
- Applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be aspiring to launch an independent research career in India
- Applicant must choose a not-for-profit host institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration (5 years) of the award in line with India Alliance award conditions and policies
- The applicant may or may not have a faculty position.
- Full-spectrum of basic biomedical science from fundamental molecular and cellular biology to ecology and evolution
- Interdisciplinary projects are welcome.
The 5-year Fellowship typically provides:
- Competitive personal support
- Generous research funds
- Support to work in a lab overseas for up to 2 years and develop international collaborations.
Essentials on the preliminary application:
- Outline (750 words) of a research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- A Fellowship Supervisor who would guide the applicant in the proposed research and a letter of support to this end; the proposed research is expected to complement and benefit from the Fellowship Supervisor’s research interests and expertise
- An additional letter of recommendation from a person, other than the proposed Fellowship Supervisor, who can comment on the applicant’s research training.
How to Apply:
Preliminary application forms will be available from 9 am on 13 July 2020 on the India Alliance online application System (IASys).
Submission of Preliminary applications is due by 2 pm IST on 11 August 2020.
**We encourage early career Clinicians and Public Health researchers to apply in the Clinical and Public Health Research fellowships which would be announced in early 2021.
Editor’s Note: DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance Early Career Fellowships 2020. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.