Govt TTCRC Biological Science Jobs – PhD Biorepository Manager Vacancy
Govt TTCRC Biological Science Jobs – PhD Biorepository Manager Vacancy. Tata Translational Cancer Research Center Recruitment Biorepository Manager Job Opening. PhD Biological Sciences candidates are encouraged to apply:
This Job Expires In :
Application for the position of Biorepository Manager at TCRC (Tata Medical Center)
Last date of Application: 8/6/2020
The post holder will work closely with the hospital’s multidisciplinary clinical solution,
the tissue biorepository unit and also laboratory teams in TTCRC to promote all aspects of
tissue biobanking. The group’s work is focussed presently on two cancers, acute lymphoblastic leukaemia and gallbladder cancer. The primary responsibility will be (a) to oversee development and execution of international biobanking practices and also standards, (b) organise and also execute training on ethical regulations including an understanding of the ethical and practical issues in handling biological samples, (c) establish and also implement quality assurance and also quality control, (d) coordinate lab safety programs working with in-house staff to make sure compliance with all applicable regulations, (e) periodically audit data and biospecimens collected, as well as (f) maintain biorepository equipment, test brand-new lab processes, troubleshoot, develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), and also train new biobank staff. The post holder will have a designated desk and computer system as well as support staff Minimum needed qualifications/experience.
Minimum required qualifications/experience
(a) PhD in Biological Sciences.
(b) Understanding of statistical principles.
(c) Information Technology (IT) skills permitting work on Laboratory Inventory Management Systems (LIMS).
(d) Familiarity with DNA and RNA analyses.
(e) Familiarity with basic research laboratory protocols, procedures and also techniques in
DNA as well as RNA analyses.
(a) Integrity, motivation, enthusiasm
(b) Emphasis and commitment in carrying out tasks and duties
(c) Ability to make effective decisions in situations of emergency keeping in mind the
health and safety of the team.
(d) Critical analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of independent work
(e) Ability to work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team
(f) The clarity in career and professional development goals.
Principal Duties and also Responsibilities:
- Establish as well as maintain international biobanking practices and also standards.
- Organise training on ethical regulations including an understanding of the ethical and also practical issues in relation to the handling of biological samples.
- Supervise teams to collect pre-analytical data as well as biospecimen from the hospital site. Promote communication and alignment, in addition to efficiencies across the groups.
- Maintain laboratory as well as storage equipment, test brand-new laboratory processes,
troubleshoot, develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as train new.
- Implement quality assurance and also quality control.
- Actively contribute to tissue and also fluid collection, processing as well as storage.
Evaluate approaches to improve participant tracking, sample tracking and data.
- Develop study-specific sample management plans and documentations, including training materials for study-specific personnel performing sample collection, processing, and also storage.
- Coordinate laboratory safety programmes working with in-house staff to make sure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Regular audit of data and biospecimens collected including QC checks.
- Report non-compliance and train staff on how to report non-compliance.
- Create opportunities to utilize existing well-annotated biospecimens from the repository.
- Conduct cost analysis at appropriate intervals to assess resource allocations needed to promote research priorities.
- Help in the development of a business plan( s) as required to help make sure.
sustainability of the repository.
Skills/ Capabilities/ Competencies required:
- Knowledge as well as an understanding of the Human Tissue and also Data Protection Acts, including knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations.
- Understanding of genomics and also cancer cells biology is an advantage.
- Understanding of statistical principles is essential.
- Previous experience in protein and/or nucleic acid research is desirable.
- Ability to make effective decisions in situations of emergency bearing in mind the health and safety of the team.
- Foster integration as well as teamwork.
- Aptitude for budget management.
- Communicate in a credible and also effective way.
- Information Technology (IT) skills allowing work on LIMS.
Appointment and reporting
Appointment to the position will at first be for 3 (three) years. The very first year is probationary. Confirmation in the position and progression to years 2 and 3 is subject to satisfactory review of performance through periodic appraisals of performance. Appraisals will also determine salary increments and promotions. The consolidated regular monthly salary will be based upon the review of qualifications and experience. Promotion and review of salary are performance-based. The position is funded by a centre grant from the Tata Consultancy Services. The successful applicant will respond to the group leads and
report to the Director and Associate Director.
(a) For further details on TMC and TTCRC, visit www.tmckolkata.com.
(b) Submission of applications by post or by e-mail to:.
Mr Suvasish Mukherjee; Head, Human Resources; Tata Medical Center; 14 Major Arterial.
Road (East-West); Newtown, Rajarhat; Kolkata 700 160.
Email: [email protected].
(c) For informal enquiries,
Ms Sukanya Guha ([email protected])
|Job-related knowledge / Aptitude, skills, etc.||Requirements||Essential / Desirable||How identified|
|1. Disposition / Attitude||a. Integrity
e. Willing to learn new skills
f. Works as part of a team
g. Receptive to new ideas
h. Capable of independent
work & to an agreed plan
i. Good time management
j. Organised, able to
k. Works to high technical
and quality standards
|2. Education / Qualifications||PhD in Biological Sciences||Essential||
|3. Experience in research||a. Handling tissue
b. DNA & RNA Technology
|4. Skills and Ability||a. Critical thinking
b. Problem solving skills
c. Readiness to evaluate,
develop and test new
e. Ability to work
independently within an
g. Ability to
h. Good communication
i. Work harmoniously within a multidisciplinary
j. Skilled with word
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Govt TTCRC Biological Science Jobs – PhD Biorepository Manager Vacancy. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.