International Rice Research Institute Biotech / Genetics Project Associate Job
PhD Biochemistry, Plant Biotechnology, Genetics & Breeding candidates are encouraged to apply online for a Senior Project Associate – Grain Quality & Nutrition vacancy at The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI). Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to apply online as per the details given below:
This job expires in :
Name of the Job: Senior Project Associate – Grain Quality & Nutrition
Job ID: HQ01114
IRRI has been accorded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) the project for the development of superior haplotype-based near-isogenic lines (Haplo-NILs) for enhanced genetic gain in rice for a period of 3 years. This position, under this project, is responsible to conduct laboratory research on grain quality and nutrition. The candidate will undertake innovative research on grain quality and nutrient analysis of 3k subset, landrace, HYVs and breeding lines.
This position will be based out of the IRRI South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and will only be filled by permanent citizens of India.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct grain quality analysis of 3k subset, traditional and improved germplasm collection and bi-parental mapping populations
- Detailed grain nutrient analysis of 3k subset, traditional and improved germplasm collection and bi-parental mapping populations
- Assist project partners in grain quality and nutritional analysis
- Coordination with breeders and NARES partners for the implementation of breeding for rice nutritional quality traits
- Work closely with teams of ISARC, IRRI SAH and HQ.
- Assist in the maintenance of laboratory/ grain quality and nutrient analysis/ data collection to ensure order and cleanliness as required by the protocols of the Institute including storage and preparation of samples and other chemicals
- Assist the project partners for grain quality and nutrient analysis
- Execution and monitoring of the day to day grain quality analysis and data recording
- Maintain supply inventory and ensure the availability of sample and data
PhD Biochemistry/ Plant Biotechnology/ Genetics and plant breeding.
Masters in Biochemistry/Plant Biotechnology/Genetics and plant breeding with a minimum of 4 years of post-Maters relevant experience.
- Laboratory management
- Optimization/ standardization of the grain quality and nutrient analysis protocol
- Grain quality and nutrient analysis of rice germplasm/breeding lines/3k subset
Has experience in the analysis of grain quality, nutrient and another biochemical study
Allowances: House Rent Allowance:16% of base pay per month.
Salary: 42000 INR per month
This position will be covered under a global medical insurance, life and accident insurance plan. Join our team and be a part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Closing Date: 12-May-2020
Editor’s Note: International Rice Research Institute Biotech / Genetics Project Associate Job. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.