SERB IRHPA Call For R&D Proposals 2020
Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas (IRHPA) 2020. SERB IRHPA Call For R&D Proposals 2020. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas (IRHPA)
The Scheme, Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas (IRHPA) has added significantly to augment general R&D capabilities in academic institutions and nationwide labs by setting up of Core Groups, Centres of Excellence as well as National Facilities in frontline and emerging fields of science & engineering. In the process of strengthening the core mandate, the SERB Board has decided to empower our scientists by providing opportunities to take up value-added proposals in high priority areas. The Board identifies priority areas and makes the national call for proposals.
In this direction, it was decided to call R&D proposals in the following areas:
a. 3-D bioprinting
b. Emergent properties of Nanoscale Matter
c. Drug discovery for neglected diseases
The funding level would certainly be of the order of a couple of crores, and the period of the project is normally for a duration of 5 years. The call will certainly be open soon for established research groups (a minimum of two collaborators of complementary proficiency) from academic as well as research institutions. The proposals can be submitted via the SERB online portal www.serbonline.in in the prescribed format.
Components of Grant:
The component of the grant is similar to other Project submitted to SERB online. However, the amount of grant is slightly higher than regular projects, since, in order to set up core groups or units/facilities under this scheme, existing infrastructural facilities of the institutions need to be strengthened. The duration of this type of Projects is 5 years.
Mechanism of Implementation and Monitoring
The mechanism involved in implementation and monitoring etc. of the programmes under this scheme is the same as the SERB mechanism. However, the following mechanisms are essentially followed (which is different from the usual three years projects of the SERB Scheme):-
- Under the scheme, a Core Group/Unit is set up for a period of five years so that it can serve as a focal point for a national programme. The parent institute is asked to take over the unit after five years.
- Identification, formulation and implementation of national R&D Programmes through the involvement of scientists from different agencies & institutions are encouraged.
- The proposals submitted for support are peer-reviewed by the experts in the area through the Expert Committees constituted for the purpose. The Principal Investigators of the project are also requested to give a presentation of the proposed work before the Committees. The recommendations of the Committees and the comments of experts are placed before the Empowered Committees/ Science and Engineering Research Board for its decision. Based on the decision of the Board, the project is considered for financial support by SERB.
Procedure To Submit A Proposal:
The proposal should be submitted online only, through the website www.serbonline.in.
The format, guidelines and other details of the scheme are available on the same website.
No hard copy of the proposal will be accepted. The proposals will be accepted twice in a year and it will be opened for submission online.
Instructions for Online Application
For Successful Online submission of your proposal the following points may be noted:
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio data, Photo, Institute Address, etc.
- If you have a CO-PI in your proposal then ensure that your Co-PI is registered into the system and has filled Profile Detail section under User Profile which includes Bio data, photo, Institute Address, etc. Click here for CO-PI guideline
- While filling profile section, if your CO-PI did not find his/her institute and added a new institute in the system, then this new institute details must be verified by the Administrator. You can make a request in this regard by clicking on Report a Problem after log-in into the system.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD). Download Template
Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format: (as in other programmes)
- Bio-Data of PI and Co.PI. Download Template
- Certificate from Principal Investigator. Download Template
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution. Download Template
Scientists from Universities, their affiliated Colleges, IITs, IISc., and other Autonomous Research Institutions along with scientists working in the industrial R&D sector in India can submit a proposal under this scheme.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: SERB IRHPA Call For R&D Proposals 2020, SERB Call For Proposals 2020. Please make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media platforms for the latest in the life science industry.