Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
The official notification for the 2020-2021 Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships has been released, Indian Nationals can check out all of the details regarding the overview, eligibility, application details, procedure, important dates and more such pertinent information below:
This call expires in :
These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers that are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships provides opportunities to gifted researchers and faculty to strengthen their research abilities. Postdoctoral fellows will have access to a number of the best resources in their own regions of interest and will help establish long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to 24 months.
Applications are invited in the following fields only:
Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Computer Science (including, but not Limited to, cybersecurity, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with focus on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physical Sciences; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
The applicant will be affiliated to ONLY one U.S. host institution for his/her grant. USIEF strongly urges all candidates to identify institutions with which they wish to be affiliated and also to correspond, beforehand, with potential host institutions. The letter of invitation must indicate the duration of your visit, rather together with dates. In the event the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, it ought to be included as part of the online application.
These fellowships provide a J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel from India to the U.S., a modest settling-in allowance, plus a professional allowance. Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and global travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided that the dependent is together with the grantee in the U.S. for 80 percent of their grant period.
In addition to the General Prerequisites:
- The applicant should have a PhD degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained a PhD degree between July 16, 2015, and July 15, 2019. The applicant must upload his/her PhD degree certificate/provisional PhD certification in the online application;
- the applicant has to be published in reputed journals and also demonstrate evidence of exceptional academic and professional achievement. Please upload a current important publication (copy of the paper/article) in the internet application; and
- If the applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding Letter of Support from Home Institution. When applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
Note: In your application, the applicant must indicate the period where s/he can complete your proposed project in the United States. The applicant should determine the grant duration carefully. Should s/he be chosen for a grant, then it is going to be for the period specified in his/her application. The duration can’t be changed.
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2020
- Please carefully review the FNPostdoc Applicant Instructions prior to starting your online application
- Please refer to FNPostdoc Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- Additionally, you should complete and upload These documents on your online application
Application Due Date: July 15, 2019, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
Timeline and Placement Process
|July 15, 2019||Application due date for 2020-2021 awards|
|September 2019||Field-specific experts review applications to short-list candidates|
|End October 2019||National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi|
|Early November 2019||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees that they are recommended|
|December 2019||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March-April 2020||USIEF notifies finalists|
|August-September 2020||Program begins|
- You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Application received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
Editor’s Note: 2020-2021 Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, USIEF 2020-2021 Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020-2021, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life sciences industry.