TWAS-BIOTECH Postdoc Fellowship
The notification for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
2019 has been released. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details regarding the scheme, the eligibility, the fields of research, the application procedure, important dates and more below:
This call expires in :
For young scientists from developing countries (besides Thailand) who want to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are given to young scientists from developing countries (besides Thailand) to allow them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
- BIOTEC is looking for 3 positions for postdoctoral researchers in the regions of molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology. For complete details of the positions click HERE.
- BIOTEC will offer a standard monthly allowance which should be used to pay for living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Should never hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed nation.
- Hold a PhD degree in any of these fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical engineering, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or related disciplines;
- meet the requirements of the 3 postdoctoral positions available at BIOTEC and its research units. For complete details of the positions click HERE.
- Apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in fields of the natural sciences given above.
- Shouldn’t be over 40 years old by the date of their submission of their application. NB. As an example, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he ought to make certain not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- Be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they need to hold a research assignment.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance has to be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (email [email protected]) that will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants should accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with a copy of their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction wasn’t English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- not take up other assignments throughout the span of her/his fellowship
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
Submitting your application
- The deadline to apply is 30 June 2019.
- Applicants must submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application won’t be considered for selection.
- Applications for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme may ONLY be submitted through the online portal.
- Please be advised that applicants can apply for just 1 programme each calendar year at the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants won’t be eligible to pay a visit to another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an outside scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes could nevertheless apply for a different programme.
- STARTING IN 2018 APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTAL- PLEASE USE THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO START YOUR APPLICATION.
- OPENING DATE OF THIS FELLOWSHIP: 1 April 2019
- CLOSING DATE OF THIS FELLOWSHIP: 30 June 2019
- Applicants are able to apply for preliminary acceptance letters from their chosen host institutes under the chosen fellowship programme well before the opening date of this call.
- Preliminary acceptance letters dated 2018 or earlier will NOT be accepted since they have to be dated the same year as the year of application.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-687
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
E-mail: [email protected]
• BIOTEC Research Support Division
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC)
113 Thailand Science Park,
Khlong Nueng, Khlong Luang
Pathumthani 12120 Thailand
Tel: (66-2) 564 6700 ext. 3154
Fax: (66-2) 564 6707
Email: [email protected]
Editor’s Note: TWAS – BIOTEC Postdoc Fellowship Programme For PhD Candidates, TWAS – BIOTEC Postdoc Fellowship Programme 2019, TWAS – BIOTEC Postdoc Fellowship Programme PhD. Make sure you check out the Podcast and also make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter.