DST Women Scientists Scheme – A
Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, Women Scientists Scheme – A (WOS-A) 2020 call for proposals open. Interested women applicants can apply online for the Women Scientists Scheme – A (WOS-A) for the year 2020. All of the details on the overview, eligibility, application procedure and such below:
Women constitute an important section of the workforce. However, the present situation of a large number of well-qualified women scientists who due to various circumstances have been left out of the S&T activities needs to be addressed. The problems faced are several but, significantly, most often the “break-in-career” arises out of motherhood and family responsibilities. The option for the revival of their profession is presently unavailable due to restrictions in age and qualification and no system at present addresses these issues.
The “Women Scientists Scheme-A (WOS-A)” for research in basic and applied sciences has been evolved in this context, by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for providing opportunities to women scientists and technologists between the age group of 27-57 years who desire to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists. Through this endeavour of the Department, a concerted effort would be made to give women a strong foothold into the scientific profession, help them re-enter into the mainstream and provide a launch pad for further forays into the field of science and technology.
Scientific Disciplines: (1) Physical and Mathematical Sciences [PMS] (2) Chemical Sciences [CS] (3) Life Sciences [LS] (4) Earth and Atmospheric Sciences [EAS] (5) Engineering & Technology [ET].
Support: This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of Rs. 30 lakh (for PhD or equivalent)), Rs. 25 lakh (for M.Tech/M.Pharm or equivalent) and Rs. 20 lakh (for M.Sc. or equivalent) for a well-defined R&D project proposal for a period of three years. This grant will include the fellowship of the applicant and the cost of small equipment, contingencies, travel, consumables etc. Institutional overhead charges will be extra.
1. Persons already in employment need not apply.
2. Women scientists, less than 27 years of age are not eligible.
3. Candidates who are registered in PhD and receiving any fellowship are not eligible to apply.
4. Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 30,000/- PM.
5. Women scientists, with M.Tech. or MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can also apply. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs.40,000/- PM.
6. Women scientists having PhD Degree in Basic or Applied Sciences will be entitled to the fellowship of Rs.55,000/- PM.
Minimum 2 years of break is required after PhD award.
For Scheme related queries please contact Email: support[dash]wosa[At]nic[dot]in
For Online Submission related queries please contact Email: [email protected]
All WOS-A aspirants may directly submit full project proposal at online-wosa.gov.in. However Woman Scientists who have already submitted project proposal(PPD) in 2019 need not apply again.
Editor’s Note: Women Scientists Scheme A, DST WOS-A, DST India Women Scientists Scheme A, WOS-A DST India 2020, DST Women Scientists Scheme WOS-A, WOS-A DST India 2019. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media platforms for the latest in the biosciences industry.