Wipro Limited is an Indian Information Technology Services corporation headquartered in Bangalore, India. In 2013, Wipro demerged its non-IT businesses into a separate companies to bring in more focus on independent businesses.
Job Title : Environmental Health & Safety
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job ID : 1700000904
- EHS Management System – implement/maintain EHS policy & procedures, includes formulating and implementing corporate EHS procedures & monitoring efficacy of EHS system.
- EMS Management System – implement/maintain EMS policy & procedures, includes formulating and implementing ISO 14001:2004 standard & maintenance of EMS system
- H & S Management System – implement/maintain Safety policy & procedures, includes formulating and implementing OSHAS 18001:2007 standard & maintenance of OSHAS system
- Food Safety Management System – implement/maintain Food Safety policy & procedures, includes formulating and implementing ISO 22000:2005 standard requirements
- Statutory Compliance – ensure compliance to regulatory/legislative requirements & directives and corporate requirements.
- Project EHS Management – incorporate EHS requirements at project design stage, integrate EHS of company and client / contractor thorough bridging document. Carryout pre start-up audits and provide support and taking care of Construction safety.
- Training & Education – device and implement training matrix, conduct emergency/mock drills. Build awareness among employees on Fire Prevention and Firefighting & safety requirements.
- Carbon Management – CDP and GRI reporting knowledge and arriving at carbon footprint of the organization.
- Audit & Review – conduct EMS, OSHAS and Safety audits. Monitor EHS performance through periodic audits / inspections. Review accident investigation/analysis and follow up on implementation of corrective measures.
- Liaison – Maintain liaison with concerned statutory authorities relating to EHS
- BE in Environmental Engineering / Bio-Technology or MSC in Environment Science or MSC in Industrial Safety or MSC in Industrial Hygiene
- Health, Safety & Environmental assessment, monitoring and audits.
- Risk assessment through all phases of the project from conception to de-mobilization utilizing suitable techniques (QRA, Event/Fault Tree, HAZOP, HAZID and Safety Case).
- Incident / accident management (investigation, reporting and management)
- Health & Environmental risk assessment through ambient & personnel monitoring
- Emergency Response
- EHS Training – plant safety, emergency preparedness and response, road safety, material handling, procedure training, EMS and OSHAS etc.
- Facilitation of EMS compliant to ISO 14001:2004 standard, H & S compliant to OSHAS 18001:2007 & Food Safety compliant to ISO 22000:2005
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Qualitative & Quantitative Industrial Hygiene Monitoring, deriving Engineering & Administrative controls for any Occupational exceedances.
- Job Safety analysis, PPE analysis & Hazard analysis.
- Ergonomics Risk Assessment
- Site Investigation and Remediation
- Audits (Due Diligence, Acquisition, Legal Compliance, Business Audits, Life Safety, Sourcing Risk reputation audits)
- Construction safety at the Project sites