2025-2026 Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships
2025-2026 Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships. Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2025. Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2025-26. Check out all of the details on the same below
This call expires in
The Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships are designed for Indian scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution. These fellowships are for six to nine months.
Applications are invited in the following fields only: Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Chemistry; Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Earth Sciences; Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; Language/Literature/Linguistics; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physics; Political Science (including, but not limited to, International Security and Strategic Studies); Psychology; Public Health (including, but not limited to, pandemic preparedness and comprehensive surveillance (genomic surveillance, sewage surveillance, sero-surveillance)); Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
The applicant will be affiliated with one U.S. host institution. USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to identify institutions with which they wish to beaffiliated and to correspond, in advance, with potential host institutions. If the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, they must include it as a part of the online application. Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research, and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S.
The fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances and modest affiliation fees, if any. No allowances are provided for dependents. The grant is not sufficient to support family members.
In addition to the General Prerequisites
- The applicant should have done reasonable study pertaining to their research objectives, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S. Applicant must be registered for Ph.D. at an Indian institution on or before November 1, 2023. On the online application form, one of the recommendation letters must be from the Ph.D. supervisor that comments on applicants’ research, need for the fellowship, and must indicate the Ph.D. registration date and topic;
- This grant is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis. Therefore, the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should at least be three months after the Fulbright-Nehru grant end date. For example, if May 2026 is the grant end date, the applicant cannot submit their thesis before August 2026. Please indicate the Ph.D. registration date and the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date in the Applicant Annexure.
- If the applicant is employed, they must follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period; and
- The applicant must upload a copy of the original published/presented paper or extracts from the Masters’/M.Phil. thesis on the online application form (not exceeding 20 pages).
Note: These fellowships are for pre-doctoral level research. Applicants with Ph.D. degrees or those at the final stage of Ph.D. thesis submission will not be considered.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2025
- Please carefully review the FNDR Applicant Instructions before starting your online application.
- Please refer to FNDR Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete FNDR Applicant Annexure and FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form (if applicable) and upload on your online application.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2024, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
For any queries contact: [email protected]
Timeline and Placement Process
|July 15, 2024
|Review of applications
|USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome
|Late October 2024
|Interviews of short-listed candidates
|End October 2024
|USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees. Nominees take TOEFL.
|USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement
|USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval
|Pre-academic training in the U.S. (if required)
- You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Candidates cannot apply for Fulbright-Nehru and Fulbright-Kalam grants in the same academic year.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Extensions and Transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- Prospective Fulbright participants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs.
- Applications submitted prior to February 2, 2024 will NOT BE considered.
Editor’s Note: 2025-2026 Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.