R&D Internship Life Sciences at Thermo Fisher, Apply Online
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a leading company in the life sciences industry, dedicated to making groundbreaking discoveries and solving some of the world’s toughest challenges. With over $1 billion invested annually in research and development, we empower our teams to put science into meaningful action. We are currently seeking passionate individuals to join us as R&D Interns and be a part of our innovative Antibodies R&D team in Bangalore.
Position Title: Intern, R&D
As an R&D Intern at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and empowering environment where you will contribute to the development and testing of antibodies in a high-throughput setting. You will learn various workflows such as molecular biology, protein purification, cell culture, and immuno applications. Your work will have a direct impact on important research projects that aim to give hope to cancer patients, ensure safe drinking water, and support law enforcement through forensics.
A Day in the Life
During your internship, you will:
- Work under the guidance of a scientist(s) to support projects on antibody engineering
- Learn molecular biology techniques such as sequence analysis, cloning, plasmid preparations, and immuno applications such as ELISA, Western Blotting, and Immunocytochemistry
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory
- Maintain meticulous records of experiments, results obtained, and observations
- Present data in team meetings
Keys to Success
Education: BTech or Master’s degree in a life science field is required.
Experience: Project experience as part of your degree
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Curiosity to learn, ask questions, and seek answers
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to work as part of a larger team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of statistical methods and bioinformatics is desirable
If you have a passion for scientific research and are eager to contribute to groundbreaking discoveries, apply now to join our team!
Keywords: R&D internship, life sciences, Thermo Fisher, Bangalore, Antibodies R&D, molecular biology, protein purification, cell culture, immuno applications, scientific research. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook