Govt MoEF&CC Training & Skill Internship For MSc Zoology & Life Sciences
Govt MoEF&CC Training & Skill Internship For MSc Zoology & Life Sciences. Zoological Survey of India Internship 2022. Zoological Survey of India Training & Skill Internship 2022. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This call expires in
Zoological Survey of India
Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change,Govt. of India
A Training and Skill Internship (VRITIKA) on
“Taxonomy, Diversity and Seasonality of Coastal Microzooplankton Assemblages
from the Indian Waters”
15th December 2022 – 15th January 2023
Organiser: Dr Jasmine P, Scientist-E, Zoological Survey of India (Headquarters), Kolkata.
Venue: Zoological Survey of India (Headquarters), M Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053.
Number of Internships Offered: 5 (Five)
Application deadline: Apply on or before 10th December 2022
About the Internship Programme
The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India under the Science & Engineering Research Board’s scheme on Accelerate Vigyan has sponsored to organise a “Taxonomy, Diversity and Seasonality of Coastal Microzooplankton Assemblages from the Indian Waters”. The proposed workshop is meant for young researchers at the Master’s level pursuing or interested in pursuing a career in Microzooplanktonresearch and accordingly selection will be on a competitive basis, and as per the terms and conditions given by the SERB Accelerate Vigyan for conducting the ‘Training and skill Internship’ covering complete travel expenses, boarding and lodging for one month. The internship is structured for the study of diversity, seasonality and taxonomy of Microzooplankton for the benefit of students of PG having a strong willingness to make their career in diversity and taxonomy of Microzooplankton.
Course of Internship
The internship covers the following modules:
- Module 1: Microzooplankton assemblages of Indian Coastal waters- Taxonomy and Systematics.
- Module 2: Assessing the Microzooplankton blooms, its environmental drivers, and social-economic implications.
- Module 3: Episodic bloom events of the coastal Microzooplankton and Mesozooplankton community structure and its ecological effects.
- Module 4: Emphasis on the effects on the higher trophic levels and the fishing sector.
- Module 5: Analysis of hydrographic and community structure data using appropriate statistical tools, mapping programs and picture editing software.
Workshop Program Dates
15th December 2022 – 15th January 2023 [One month]
The internship covers travel expenses, lodging and other logistics for the courses as per SERB norms.
The internship is available to any applicant (Postgraduate) from India who has an interest in conservation, biodiversity and taxonomic studies in Microzooplankton with an emphasis on taxonomy and ecology of Microzooplankton and Mesozooplankton with an intent to pursue their future research in this field. The applicant should have completed or pursuing a Master’s degree in Zoology/ Life Sciences (or Allied subjects) and preparing to be engaged in Microzooplankton research.
Selected applicants will be notified after the deadline date.
Applicants can apply for the workshop in the prescribed format, neatly typed in A-4 Sheet
paper and the application process shall include submitting the following items:
- Paste a passport-size recent photograph on the upper right-hand side corner.
- A brief statement of purpose – one page – In not more than 150 words indicating your reasons for seeking this training, its importance to your career and the way in which you intend to apply your training upon its completion.
- Complete the Biodata in the prescribed format (as per ZSI format). An incomplete application, not in the prescribed format and an application received after the due date shall be rejected. No correspondence/enquiries shall be entertained regarding the same. Apply by email only – [email protected] (In case of any query, please contact the Event Organiser, Dr. Jasmine P, Scientist-E, Mob. 9874983181, Email: [email protected]).
- All rights reserved with the Director, ZSI and the decision regarding selections, shortlisting of the candidate including cancellation of the event in case of an untoward situation shall be final and binding.
Dr Jasmine P
Zoological Survey of India (HQ)
M Block, New Alipore, Kolkata- 700053
Email: [email protected] /Mob: 9874983181.
Check the notification below
Editor’s Note: Govt MoEF&CC Training & Skill Internship For MSc Zoology & Life Sciences. Please ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook