SINGA 2023: Singapore International Graduate Award
SINGA 2023: Singapore International Graduate Award. Interested candidates from all over the globe are eligible to apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) which helps you to further your education by obtaining a PhD Degree. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE AWARD (SINGA)
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD training is going to be carried out in English in your preferred laboratory at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by both distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU NUS or SUTD.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you are able to pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish international links and take your researchcareer to greater heights.
SINGA promotes a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You are going to be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned research workers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Pursue your PhD education in Singapore with SINGA and take your research to greater heights.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have further queries.
Submission deadline for August 2023 intake: 1 December 2022 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
SINGA supports PhD studies in Biomedical Sciences, Computing and Information Sciences, Engineering and Technology, and Physical Sciences.
More Info on:
Please note that you will be required to indicate your choices of supervisor in the application form.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results Note: SINGA is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students studying/who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible.
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above-mentioned eligibility criteria aren’t exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Item||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On – Campus*||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
*Priority for on-campus accommodation is usually given to first year students.
1. Browse PhD Research Projects
Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
2. Documents Required
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
a. Valid Passport
b. A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
3.Transcripts & Reports
ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- Applicants applying to NUS supervisors/projects are required to submit your GRE scores in your SINGA application form.
- For all other applicants, you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory GRE scores as part of the university admission requirement.
- The submission of IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results is optional and may be requested later by the university for admission.
Please read the important information below.
a. Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
b. Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
c. Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
d. Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
e. Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
Apply now via this link here!
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.
Editor’s Note: SINGA 2023: Singapore International Graduate Award, SINGA 2023, Singapore International Graduate Award 2023. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.