JIPMER Computational Biology SRF, Bioinformatics MSc, MTech Apply
JIPMER Computational Biology SRF, Bioinformatics MSc, MTech Apply. MSc, MTech & PhD Bioinformatics/Computational Biology SRF job at JIPMER. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This job expires in
SERB RESEARCH PROJECT
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the following post, purely on a temporary basis, for SERB Research Project, Department of Biochemistry, JIPMER, Puducherry. Interested and eligible candidates may please email their brief two-page CV and scanned filled-in application form (as per Annexure-1), along with all enclosures as a single document pdf file to the email id: [email protected] (Please mention the name of the post applied in the subject). The PDF file should be named as: “candidate name_miRNApsoriasis_SERB-SRF2022_application”. Valid email id and mobile number is compulsory. The last date for sending the CV is 7 December 2022 (until 4.30 pm). Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on their CV. The shortlisted candidates will receive an email confirmation which will include the details of the written test/interview. The selected candidate will be engaged in the SERB Research Project, as and when required. Shortlisting of the candidatesfor the written test/interview and their selection to the post will be based on the recommendations of the Selection Committee.
Project title: “Micro-RNA expression signatures as predictors of therapy response in psoriasis patients treated with methotrexate: a longitudinal study”
Name of the post: Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
No. of post: One (Temporary)
Age limit: Upper age limit is 35 years. Age limit relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/women candidates as per government rules.
Duration of the project: 6 months
General Instructions & Conditions:
- Applications not in the prescribed format WILL NOT BE PROCESSED OR ACCEPTED.
- Incomplete applications and applications which are not in the format prescribed below and those not satisfying the essential criteria mentioned above will be summarily rejected without assigning any reasons thereof. Candidates may attach their CVs with this application. However, applications with a CV alone without the prescribed form and attachments of certificates etc will be rejected.
- The appointment is for a period of six months.
- Validity of the selected list is valid for six months from the date of publication of results and renewable accordingly.
- Qualification and experience should be in a relevant discipline/field and from an institute of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
- The above post is purely on a temporary/contractual basis, co-terminus of the project & the candidate will have no right to claim permanent employment in the Institute/ under SERB or continuation of his or her services in any other project and no claim for any other regular post in JIPMER shall be entertained. No Benefit of Provident fund, leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. will be considered since the post is purely on a contract basis.
- A valid email id and mobile number on a CV are required.
- No TA/ DA will be paid for the interview.
- Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification. The candidates are advised not to bring any type of recommendations to influence their selection. Such candidates will be summarily rejected. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
- If the performance of the appointee is not found satisfactory by the investigator, an appointment can be terminated at any time without any notice.
- The appointee may be relieved from the current job position, with one-month prior notice, failing to do so may be held responsible for paying one month’s salary.
- Interested and eligible candidates may submit their application in the prescribed format (appended) along with the attested copies of the following testimonials:
♠ Certificate in support of age (Tenth equivalent/High School Certificate)
♠ Experience Certificate
♠ Caste certificate (If any)
♠ Any others (if any)
Address for Correspondence:
Dr. Medha R.,
Principal Investigator, SERB Research Project &
Professor of Biochemistry,
JIPMER, Puducherry- 605 006.
E-mail: [email protected].
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc./M.Tech. in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology with at least two years of research experience after postgraduation.
Ph.D. in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology.
- Passed NET/GATE/equivalent exam.
- Candidates with experience in clinical research in biology.
- Previous experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)/microarray data analysis.
- Candidates must be comfortable with the Linux operating system and command-line
- Candidates must be well versed in at least one programming language, R/Python,
- Candidates with a strong background in biostatistics and bioinformatics regarding NGS
data analysis will be given preference.
Salary: As per rules of SERB, New Delhi.
Editor’s Note: JIPMER Computational Biology SRF, Bioinformatics MSc, MTech Apply. Please ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.