Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2022 DST – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant
Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2022 DST – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant. Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research(INSPIRE) Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022 Official Notification has been released. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below –
This call expires in
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship
(A component under INSPIRE)
Call for Applications under INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship –
Under “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” scheme of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, opportunities are provided to meritorious young Indian students to study basic and natural sciences at the college and university level and to pursue research careers in both basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture and veterinary sciences.
INSPIRE includes multiple components out of which the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship component offers post-doctoral fellowships to young achievers with Ph.D. qualification in the age group of 27-32 years for 5 years to carry out post-doctoral research in both basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agricultureand veterinary sciences.
Applications are invited for the year 2022, from eligible candidates under INSPIRE Faculty
Fellowship component of INSPIRE scheme of DST through the web-portal https://www.onlineinspire.gov.in.
- Indian citizens and People of Indian origin with PIO status have Ph.D. degrees (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine and agriculture-related subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout their academic profile starting from the Senior Secondary Examination (Class 12 onwards).
- Those who have submitted their Ph.D. theses and are awaiting the award of a degree shall also be eligible. However, selection for the Fellowship will be confirmed only after the Ph.D. degree is awarded.
- The upper age limit as of 1st Jan 2022 is 32 years for General Category. However, for SC/ST/Women candidates, the upper age limit will be 37 years on the said date. For persons with benchmark disabilities (Divyangjan with not less than 40 percent of a specified disability), the upper age limit will be 42 years.
- Publication(s) in highly reputed journals demonstrating outstanding research potential of the candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India may also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship. The candidates, who get selected for regular positions in any institute/university after submission of the IFF application, would be entitled to receive the Research Grant only as INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- Candidates who are within the top 1% in Class 12 examination, IIT-JEE rank holders, and 1st rank holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examinations.
Each selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be eligible to receive a consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000/- per month as a fellowship with an annual increment of Rs.2,000/-. In addition, a Research Grant of Rs.7.0 lakh every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate. The consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5(five) years. No Fellow should avail of two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
How to apply –
Interested and eligible students must apply and submit their application with all essential documents through ONLINE mode only. Applications are to be submitted online on INSPIRE web portal https://www.online-inspire.gov.in. Those interested in submitting applications have to register at this portal and submit the application online. Please read the guidelines available on the portal carefully before submitting the application. This web- portal will be open from 1st July 2022 to 15th August 2022 (till 23:59 hrs. IST) for the submission of applications. For further enquiries regarding INSPIRE-Faculty Fellowship component, please send an email to – [email protected]. For queries, please call us on 0124-6690020, 0124- 6690021.
Documents Required along with Application –
Before filling application form, please scan and save the following documents as separate files. The same need to be uploaded as required during the ‘On-line Application’ process.
Last Date of Application Submission – 15th August 2022.
Instructions for filling Online Application for Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2022 –
Applications must be submitted through online mode only. The application will not be accepted in any other mode except online mode. To apply Online, please visit the website:
https://www.online-inspire.gov.in and follow the process prescribed therein.
The online application submission process shall start on 1st July 2022 and will be available up to 15th August 2022 (till 23:59 hrs. IST). Please click the link below to download guidelines for filling up online applications – https://online-inspire.gov.in.
Applicants are advised to take a printout of the submitted online application for their own records. Please do not send the application or any other documents by Post.
Incomplete or wrongly filled up applications or applications lacking essential documents shall be summarily rejected.
The applicant’s own valid and functional email address must be used for the submission of the online application. Status of application shall be informed only through INSPIRE Web-Portal. The applicant needs to login into their own (registered) account to view the status.
Do not submit more than one application. Please ensure that all aspects of the application are correct before submitting it.
Any legal proceedings in respect to any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or application can be lodged only in Delhi Courts/ Tribunals/ Forums. Delhi Courts/Tribunal/Forums only shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any case/dispute.
Editor’s Note: Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2022 DST – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.