NABI Bioinformatics JRF Job – Computational Biology Can Apply
NABI Bioinformatics JRF Job – Computational Biology Can Apply. NABI Project Vacancies Available. NABI Research Fellow Recruitment. NABI Vacancies Available for MSc, MTech & PhD. NABI Vacancies Available Latest. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
This job expires in
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
(Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
Sector-81, Knowledge City, Manauli P.O, S.A.S. Nagar-140306, Punjab, India.
Advertisement No. NABI/5(01)/2011-22-06-Res
Walk-In-Interview for the Positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under
Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims to catalyse the
transformation of the Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge
generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food
biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010,
NABI is involved in research activities for the Biofortification, development of designer
crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food
and nutrition, and developing of evidence-based functional foods to counter malnutrition.
Food and Nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI
Name of the Project – “Generating high-depth genomics information for the Himalaya rice cultivars for improving nutritional quality and stress tolerance (GAP-53)”
Name of Project Coordinator & Principal Investigator – Prof. Ashwani Pareek, Executive Director
Name of Co-Principal Investigator – Dr. Joy K. Roy, Scientist-F
Duration – Up to March 23rd, 2025
Project Summary –
This is a NABI’s flagship program, which is funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The network project “Development of Bio-fortified and Protein-rich Wheat” will be executed in collaboration among seven network partners. The project will include i) evaluation of wheat germplasms for Fe, Zn, folate, and grain protein content, starch quality and antinutritional factors, ii) Validation and characterization of available genes/QTLs/markers for micronutrients, iii) Development of mapping populations (F2, RILs, NILs, BCs) for genetic analysis, iv) Development of high-density linkage maps and QTL maps using high throughput SNPs, v) Epistatics interactions (QTLxQTL, QTL x environment) analysis and vi) development of wheat varieties with enhanced micronutrient content and enhanced bioavailability and bio-accessibility. The manpower detail and responsibility is given below
Name of the Post – Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for the first two years. In 3rd year, JRF will be converted into Senior research fellow (SRF)
No. of Posts – 01
Age Limit – 28 years for JRF (Relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/PD as per GOI
- All interested candidates should send completely filled application form (single adobe pdf
file) available on the institute website through email till 31-05-2022 on email id
Kindly note the following important points
(Application and selection process)
- Kindly don’t send the hard copy of the advertisement form.
- Incomplete application forms and applications that are not in proper format may be
- The applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format that can be
downloaded from the NABI website.
- Kindly send a complete filled application form through email only.
- Candidates applying for more than one option can give their preference in the same
application by ticking multiple options. No need to submit a separate application form for
- Kindly don’t send any documents with the application form. Candidates will be provisionally shortlisted on the basis of information given in the application form. All the documents related to eligibility i.e. Age, Educational Qualification, Experience etc. (in original) will be verified at a later stage before issuing the offer/award letter.
- No application form will be accepted after the due date i.e. 31.05.2022
- Eligible candidates will be informed via e-mail of the interview schedule.
- Candidates should ensure that information mentioned in the application form is accurate.
Once the application form is submitted no further request regarding any changes /
information in the application form will be considered.
- Eligible candidates will be interviewed through video conferencing mode by duly
constituted selection committee.
- Any changes in the last date for submission of the application form, the procedure for selection, important points etc. shall be available only on the NABI website. Interested candidates may kindly see the NABI website before applying for the same.
Essential Qualification – Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate/ Post-Graduate in the professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following –
a) Scholars are selected through National Eligibility Test –CSIR UGC NET including
Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
b) The selection process through National level examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
Desirable Experience – Experience in bioinformatics and computational biology; next-generation genomic sequence analysis; expertise in Python programming, R-program
- Analysis of next-generation sequence data on genomes and transcriptomes;
- Development of Python-based scripts for custom-design sequence data analysis;
- Preparation of the progress report and manuscript.
Emoluments – JRF (1st & 2 nd year) – 31,000/- pm plus 16 percent HRA 3rd year (SRF) 35,000/- pm plus 16 percent HRA
Editor’s Note: NABI Bioinformatics JRF Job – Computational Biology Can Apply. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.