Himachal Pradesh Govt Jobs For Life Sciences, Applications Invited
Himachal Pradesh Govt Jobs For Life Sciences, Applications Invited. Government Life Sciences and Wildlife Sciences Zoo Biologist vacancy available. MSc candidates can apply. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This Job Expires In :
HIMACHAL PRADESH ZOOS AND CONSERVATION BREEDING SOCIETY
Name of the Post: Research Assistant-Cheer Pheasant Reintroduction Programme
Location: Himachal Pradesh.
The selected person is required to stay at Sari (Chail) Distt-Shimla H P.
Age Limit: Below 35 yrs. as on 01-01-2021.
Tenure: 12 months.
- Conduct faunal surveys through trails/transects, sign surveys and camera trapping,
habitat quality assessment and socio-economic surveys at Cheer Pheasant
- Carry out radio-tracking of reintroduced Cheer Pheasant and other post-release
monitoring activities as part of the Wildlife Wing’s Cheer Pheasant Reintroduction
- Prepare technical reports, media briefs, and presentations for official meetings.
- Participate in community awareness workshops with local people to spread know-how
about Cheer Pheasant and the importance of the program.
Qualifications, experience & competencies:
- Master’s Degree in Life Sciences/Wildlife Sciences or any related discipline.
- Working experience with R Statistical Program, GIS-based application’s (Arc GIS, QGIS
or any other), MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is preferred.
- Any previous experience with radio-tracking, designing biodiversity surveys will be
given appropriate weightage during the selection process.
- Basic knowledge of statistics desired.
- The ability to speak Hindi is essential.
- Good English writing skills.
- Ability to undertake extensive fieldwork in extreme climates and high altitudes.
Remuneration: Rs. 16,500/- per month
Applying for this position:
- Documents: Curriculum vitae and 1-page write-up (11 pt Calibri, A4, left-justified, 1.5 line spacing) on the motivation and interest to apply for the position.
- Send applications to (email@example.com) Please mention ” Research Assistant-Cheer Pheasant Reintroduction Programme, H.P, in the subject line.
- The vacancy is open to India Nationals only.
- Applications of only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
- Selection will be through an interview (personal/online).
Last date for sending application: 15-10-2021.
- Applications received will first be scrutinized by Dy. CF (WL) Shimla to shortlist candidates for the interview. The process for Shortlisting will follow marks allotment for the skills possessed and selecting the Top-5 applicants for the interview and assessment will be made against:-
i) Previous field experience.
ii) Previous experience in Radio-tracking and monitoring.
iii) Previous participation in Biodiversity surveys.
iv) Hindi speaking skills.
v) English writing.
vi) Computer and statistics skills (GIS, R etc).
- Personal or online interview: Shortlisted students will be called for interview either personal or if distantly located over skype/other online means. The interview will be conducted by Addi. PCCF WL-cum-CEO(HPZCBS)O/o PCCF (WL), CCF WL (S) Shimla & EO-cum-Dy. CF WL Shimla.
See Notification & Download Application Format From Below
Editor’s Note: Himachal Pradesh Govt Jobs For Life Sciences, Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.