Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2021 DST – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant
Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2021 DST – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant. Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research(INSPIRE) Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2021 Official Notification has been released. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This Call Expires In :
Ministry of Science and Technology
Department of Science and Technology
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 18th Call-2021
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, launched the
“Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research(INSPIRE)” [www.online-inspire.gov.in] Programme in 2008. This programme which covers the age group of 15-37 years, aims to attract young Indian talent towards the study of science leading to careers in research. INSPIRE includes multiple components out of which the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme offers post-doctoral fellowships to young achievers with an opportunity for independent research in the near term to emerge as a future leader in the long term.
- Indian citizens and people of Indian origin with PIO status having PhD degrees (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine and agriculture-related subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Candidates shall possess a minimum of 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout their academic profile starting from the Higher Secondary Examination (Class 12 onwards).
- Those who have submitted their PhD theses and are awaiting the award of the degree are also eligible. However, the selection for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship will be confirmed
only after confirmation of the award of the PhD degree.
- The upper age limit as of 1st Jan 2021 is 32 years for General Category. However, for
SC/ST/Women candidates, the upper age limit will be 37 years. For persons with benchmark disabilities (Divyangjan with not less than 40 per cent of a specified disability), the upper age limit will be 42 years.
- Publication(s) in highly reputed Journals demonstrating the research potential of this candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India may also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career
prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship. The candidates, who get selected for regular positions in any institute/university after submission of IFF application, would be entitled to receive the Research Grant only as INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- Candidates who are within the top 1% in Class 12 examination, IIT-JEE rank holders, 1st rank holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examinations.
B) Mode of Application:
- Eligible candidates need to submit applications ONLINE through the portal of INSPIRE
programme. No other mode of submission of the application is permitted.
- To apply ONLINE, please visit the website: www.online-inspire.gov.in and follow the
process described therein. After successful submission of the application online, the
candidate may obtain a printout of the application and keep it for his/her personal
C) Method of Selection
- The Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi, in coordination with DST, is
implementing this INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme up to the stage of
recommendation of candidates for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
- A three-tier selections process, viz. evaluation by discipline-based Expert Committees
(INSA), followed by the recommendations of the Apex Level Committee (INSA) and INSPIRE Faculty Award Council (DST). Based on the recommendations of these Committees, DST makes the final selection.
D) Amount & Duration of each INSPIRE Faculty position
- Each selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be eligible to receive a consolidated amount of
Rs.1,25,000/- per month as fellowship. In addition, a Research Grant of Rs.7.0 lakh every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate including the carryforward amount, if any, from the previous year. The consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5(five) years. No Fellow
should avail two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
E) Terms and Conditions for Implementation
- Candidates, who have not identified host institutions at the time of their application, should do so immediately after their final selection. All selected candidates should avail of the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship within 3 months of their final selection.
- A selected candidate, who is yet to be awarded the PhD degree, will receive an intimation for submission of his/her PhD degree certificate within 3 months to avoid forfeiting the opportunity. Upon submission of the PhD degree certificate, the Offer Letter will be issued to the candidate through the web portal with 3 months‟ validity to undertake the fellowship at the chosen Host Institution.
- Selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellows joining private academic/research institutes shall receive only the Research Grant and their host institutions will have to pay the fellowship amount as per Scheme norms.
- In case an INSPIRE Faculty Fellow finds a permanent position during the tenure of the
Fellowship, the Fellowship amount shall be discontinued from the day the INSPIRE Faculty Fellow joins the permanent position but he/she may continue with the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme availing Research Grant only for the remaining period to carry out research while occupying the new position.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellow is eligible to apply for any competitive grant from various
funding agencies during the tenure of the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
F) Roles and requirements of Host Institutions
- Host institutions are expected to provide a congenial atmosphere to INSPIRE Faculty
Fellows to enable them to excel in their work, and should view them as potential assets for faculty development. It is desirable if the host institutes introduce new areas/directions of research through this Scheme.
- Under no circumstances the “INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship” is renewable after 5(five)
years. Host institutions are expected to consider the “INSPIRE Faculty Fellows” for
permanent positions in due course, subject to their meeting institutional performance
- Host institutes should provide acceptable laboratory and office space (independently or on a shared basis), ensure access to all common infrastructural facilities, computing facilities, library etc., to the INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- Host institutes should provide information on whether the INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be
allowed to supervise PhD students, hire research fellows, independently or jointly with a
permanent faculty member, while hosting the Faculty Fellows.
G) The Last date
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship shall be regulated as per the guidelines available on the
website: www.online-inspire.gov.in. Candidates need to visit the website and read the
guidelines thoroughly before applying for the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship scheme
- Last date for making online applications is 4th October 2021.
More Details on Scheme
Check Scheme Guidelines Below
See Advert Below
Check Revised Guidelines Below
Editor’s Note: Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2021 DST – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.